Dumaguete Info Search

Power outage losses vs Noreco compensation?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Forum' started by Cutie ladybug, Jul 31, 2012.

1. Knowdafish

Knowdafish DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +15 / 2
    With the now abundant sunshine and wind there are alternatives! :D

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. simple mind

simple mind DI Forum Patron

Ratings:
    +19 / 4
    Fish, you might not believe it but the price for Noreco Power by Kwh, considering all other means of getting Electric Power, can double or even triple and it would still be cheaper than any alternative...

3. Knowdafish

Ratings:
    +15 / 2
    Not in the long run, only in the short run.

4. simple mind

Ratings:
    +19 / 4
    It takes about 20 years to save anything, that's a long time...

5. Jack Peterson

Jack Peterson DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Air Force

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,210 / 1,086

:eek: KDF! Knowing my luck, This is what i will see, when I go for the alternative.:wink: View attachment 8657

Attached Files:

6. Knowdafish

Ratings:
    +15 / 2
    Better due more research if that is what you come up with. Getting misquoted and paying too much will also cause the payback period to be longer. :D Even if your figure was accurate, and it isn't, as rates inevitably escalate the payback period becomes shorter. I cringe to think what electricity will cost here in 10, 15, or 20 years!

7. simple mind

Ratings:
    +19 / 4
    If you compare Noreco's Power on demand, meaning, that you can hook up almost anything up to 20-30 Amps =4000-5000 Watts at 220Volts and that you don't need to buy and maintain/replace any Power generating Hardware, makes a VERY BIG difference. Your two sources Wind/Solar both use expensive Hardware with, in the case of Solar, not very efficient and not very long lasting, with both the live of the Batteries is only about fife years.
    Now if you want an electric cooker or even an Aircon than you can forget both of them, you really only go that way if you have no other way...

Don't believe the sweet talking of the Alternative Energy Folks, I am as Green as can bee but I am not a fool...

8. Knowdafish

Ratings:
    +15 / 2
    I don't "believe" anybody without doing research. I have installed solar panels and battery banks. Good quality solar panels last 20-30 years now and have the warranty to back it up. A quality deep cycle battery will last 8-10 years if properly maintained, and occasionally last even longer! I've done the math. Alternative energy is initially expensive, but does pay for it self eventually. I have friends in the U.S. who have their entire house running off solar including air-conditioning, refrigerators, microwave ovens, and washing machines and dryers. These are people who once were paying $700 U.S. a month and more for electricity and now pay nothing! A system like this costs $40-50,000 depending on the angle of the panels relative to the sun and how much sun the location gets. $700 x 12 = $8400, so in this case the payback period is around 6 years, not 10, not 20! And that doesn't even figure in the ever increasing cost of electricity!

Sure one can get reemed and pay $80,000 for the same system if you don't know what you are doing. In that case the payback period would be twice as long!

In some situations no battery bank is needed, as the electric company will buy your surplus electricity during the day, and this "credit" is used up during the night! Solar and wind generated electricity does work, but not in all situations or in all climates.

Back to the subject.....Noreco.

9. simple mind

Ratings:
    +19 / 4
    If you have yours installed, I will have a look at it and you can tell me how much you have payed for it... we are not in the US...