Dumaguete Info Search

Event Power rates for the month of June https://t.co/yLvq5lszes

Discussion in 'NORECO II Announcements' started by NORECO II, Jun 24, 2021.

1. Notmyrealname

Notmyrealname DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +5,600 / 2,889
    Well, there is World War I and World War II. WWII started after WWI had ended and so they did not exist at the same time. It is feasible therefore that Noreco II was a new Company set up after Noreco I had ended (for some reason connected with defeat). Also, I was not aware there are any places north of Bais :smile:.

Btw, I read 'DUMAGUETE information' and stopped reading 'North of Bais Information' a few years ago (as there was nothing in it). I assume postings in DI relate primarily to the Dumaguete region.

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 2
  2. Jack Peterson

Jack Peterson DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Air Force

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,210 / 1,086
    FYI. https://noreco1.com/about/
    so now you know

• Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  3. Notmyrealname

Ratings:
    +5,600 / 2,889
    Thanks (meant sincerely). And I see that the World does not end at Bais. That's what I love about life - always something new to learn.

4. Crystalhead

Crystalhead ADMIN Admin ★ Forum Moderator ★ ★ Global Mod ★ ★ Moderator ★ ★★ Forum Sponsor ★★ ★ No Ads ★ Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Army

retired
    Ratings:
    +1,991 / 1,090
    Hope they make a Noreco 3,4,5,6,7,8,9....... and they can log off of Facebook and Tik-Tok and chat about running a power Company to provide what's known as >>>>electricity<<<< Key word>>>>ELECTRICITY<<< Maybe they can google that to know what that is.

5. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    I'm still curious why the generation charges have increased (this charge is passed down from the power plant to NORECO and in turn passed on to us). Sh*tting on NORECO, while many times is warranted, does nothing to answer this question. Generation charges are not in their control and this is where I believe the bulk of our bill comes from.

NORECO also recently posted a public notice of a court case where it appears they are requesting approval for further price increases (or maybe grants/money from the national government?). At least I think that is what it is about and I also believe that this has yet to be approved, though it looks as if it will be as their financial records submitted to the court seem to indicate they are operating at a pretty significant loss.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Crystalhead

Crystalhead ADMIN Admin ★ Forum Moderator ★ ★ Global Mod ★ ★ Moderator ★ ★★ Forum Sponsor ★★ ★ No Ads ★ Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Army

retired
    Ratings:
    +1,991 / 1,090
    Thanks for the info. Back in Canada, my electric bill was half of that of Noreco while residing here! Every thing except hydro and autos are more cheaper here in the Philippines. Something is broken and I surely hope Noreco get's a competitor soon. Every person will drop them like a hot rock! I for one am thinking of contacting my last employer whom is a philanthropist to say the very least and let him know the Philippine's needs a power company (a company that provides electricity)........less rape and more power to it's peoples. At some point there needs to be an attempt to jump to 2nd word status and than first world status. Nothing ever stays the same.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    That doesn't solve the problem. The major cost here is power generation. Forcing NORECO to share their sh*t infrastructure with another company will just create two companies with sh*t infrastructure. Another company coming in and starting from scratch would cost that company billions, which would need to be recouped through higher prices. The only realistic resolution for the consumer level infrastructure is for the government to step in and take over...but I think we all know how that would go.

Everyone points the finger at NORECO when it comes to the cost but that is not on them. It is the power plant that is charging a ridiculous price for their product. And this upcoming brownout is not even due to NORECO's infrastructure. It is NGCP, another privately ran company.

• Informative Informative x 2
  8. Notmyrealname

Ratings:
    +5,600 / 2,889
    • Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  9. Michael. B

Michael. B DI Member Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +194 / 12
    Was the nuclear power station not an obsolete pile of American rubbish costing the Philippines a pile of money they did not ha,ve and not even finished yet

10. Notmyrealname

Ratings:
    +5,600 / 2,889
    It was beset with corruption (Marcos was in power) and suffered a variety of problems (it had 4000 defects) and issues (such as being on a fault-line and near Pinatubo) - it was mothballed and I doubt anyone would risk trying to re-open it.