Dumaguete Info Search

Prefab house

Discussion in 'Dumaguete City' started by AsColdAsIce, Aug 23, 2018.

1. contrail

contrail DI Junior Member Showcase Reviewer Veteran Navy

Ratings:
    +71 / 7
  2. contrail

Ratings:
    +71 / 7
    Loaded question difficult to answer. I'll try

For 12 years

I have a direct DC Grundfos Solar 25GPM well pump,

During daylight hours from my on property spring it pumps water 2000 feet away and 90 feet up into a 3000 litre reservoir. It provides sufficient pressure and flow of water all purified and potable 24/7/365

Then

I have the first approved Grid Tied 10Kw AC system that I send back excess power for approximately 50% credit with Noreco

Then

I have a 5KW Hybrid Solar system that has 15KWh of Lipo batteries storage for blackouts which is also AC coupled with my 10Kw system.

This is all conected in such a way that I have UPS (uninterrupted power supply) 24/7/365

Then

For back up of a back up

I have a 10kw Diesel genset with 500 liter fuel storage that is connected to a ATS (Automatic Transfer System).

Safety,

Most important, because family is the most precious, and most the Solar panels are over our head it is all protected with RSD (rapid shutdown device)

What this means if any arc, fault, hi temperature, high voltage, leak, or any unsafe state it will shut down in less than a second and warn me of what happened down to a single cell in a panel.

The whole system is designed to be plug and play and can be monitored and controlled anywhere in the world.

What do I save :greedy:$, without this system my utility bill would be

p10000 to p15000

With the above described system

p900 to p2000

depending on weather/season/and how much I use my heavy shop equipment, lathe, mill, mig/tig welders, plasma cutters, wet saws.

Warranty ,

The inverters and panels have a 25year warranty.

The Batteries have a 10 year warranty with 25 year life design

Hope that helps

• Like Like x 4
    • Informative Informative x 1
    Last edited: May 24, 2020
  3. contrail

Ratings:
    +71 / 7
    Data taken 9am this morning. I usually run the Battery at sundown. Then by 7am I'm already producing enough PV energy to provide for my full demand load and charge the battery. Rainy season I change parameters a bit. But I usually have a large credit built up with the utility. Screenshot_20200524-101914_AlphaESS.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  4. Caranoche Beauty

Caranoche Beauty DI Member Restricted Account

Ratings:
    +50 / 28
    Wow! That is a super system. Kudos!!!

5. Caranoche Beauty

Caranoche Beauty DI Member Restricted Account

Ratings:
    +50 / 28
    Just curious.. what did this system cost ya?

• I was wondering about that too! I was wondering about that too! x 3
  6. contrail

Ratings:
    +71 / 7
    I have built this system over 12 years.
    The price back then was more than double what it is today. Having said that 70% of my system has paid for itself and continues to saving money,.providing me comfort and convenience every day. I would do it all over again.

At the current price of quality battery storage (ESS) it's more for convenience than a return on peso for peso spent. How much is your comfort worth?

Sometimes a simple diesel genset is the more sensible option. (Dont buy gas)

Safety , Quality, engineered installation, experience, warranty, all come into play when choosing a system. (Remember you're buying this as a 25 year investment)

Warning!

So many fly by night non experienced companies come to take your money and out of business tomorrow. Most are resellers, have a wonderful sales pitch and are not direct importers.

My suggestion is only use a quality microinverter, UL CE, certified. there are only 3 manufacturers that meet theses stringent current regulations and only one Northen electrical products meets Japans extreme high standards. And the only one in the Philippines with a 25 year warranty! It can actually run underwater!

If you choose a string inverter, only 5 year warranty, it will fail in our extreme tropical environment.
    Make sure you have a module/Panel level rapid shutdown. Who wants 600 to 1000 volts on your roof you can't turn off!

Polaris Power engineering stocks all except the Batteries which are special order.

They have been in business 30+ years and are here to stay.

Pm me for consultation or a visit to your house.

Buyers beware!

Full disclosure; I work for NEP Solar since its inception. Products designed, R&D, consultant and QC engineer. San Jose, California.

Sorry for autocorrect and spelling. Sent from my tiny phone.

• Like Like x 3