Dumaguete Info Search

President of the USA

Discussion in 'News and Weather' started by KINGCOLE, Nov 9, 2016.

1. AlwaysRt

AlwaysRt DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster Blood Donor Veteran Air Force Marines

Ratings:
    +1,329 / 391
    Blood Type:
    A+
    In 2013 3.9 million should be the jus soli number and around 50,000 or so jus sanguinis based on the only information I could find on CBREs being issued "The Bureau of Consular Affairs reports issuing 503,585 such documents over the decade 2000-2009." Emigration from the United States - Wikipedia

2. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    These are the numbers for immigrant/tourist births? It almost had to be as there has to have been more than 50k births to American citizens in that year. My next question would be how many of those jus soli citizenships did not have a father listed on the birth certificate? Are undocumented immigrants more likely to be in the sex trade?

What I'm getting at is that this is a much more complicated issue than just illegal immigrants coming here to have anchor babies. BUT I am all for illegal immigrants getting deported when caught. Actually, I think they should be given a choice to leave the American child here in foster care or take it with them. You can't deport a citizen from their own country, but you certainly can force the parent's hand. It's a sad situation but it was caused by poor choices made by the parents...we need to stop protecting the ignorant from the repercussions of their life choices.

Jus soli should be a thing of the past, IMO. It seems that it does more damage to the country than it does good.

3. ChMacQueen

ChMacQueen DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Army

Ratings:
    +1,386 / 173
    Unreported federally as most of California doesn't share immigration data with feds. Those *anchor babies* as dubbed still get a birth certificate in California which then in turn grants them US Citizenship.

4. ChMacQueen

ChMacQueen DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Army

Ratings:
    +1,386 / 173
    There is another option.

14th Amendment as written:
    "All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the state wherein they reside."

The part we want to look at is "and subject to the jurisdiction thereof". This has been decided before to mean for those like diplomats children and such in part. However a bigger reading of it can be that illegal aliens and tourists who are evading the US jurisdiction as they are not submitting themselves lawfully to the US jurisdiction are thereby removing themselves from such jurisdiction. Tourists are breaking their visa contract when they use a tourist visa to have a US birth. Illegal aliens pretty much the same thing other then they had no legal privilege to enter the US to begin with. Liberal Constitutional lawyers have agreed with this however their decision is based on the baby having knowledge or intent to break US law so the *baby* magically becomes under US Jurisdiction while the parents are evading it so the baby can then claim citizenship. A seriously failed argument but *hey, its a poor innocent baby*.

This would allow to actually remove any false citizenships from children who don't have at least one US Citizen parent or who wasn't a legal resident at the time of their birth (legal resident would apply to legal immigrant, work visa's, and student visa's all of which are temporary residency visa's with potential restrictions but not child bearing restrictions). Those children would then assume the citizenship of their mother if single or if married citizenship of the father (old international law) and be sent there.

What it would take to happen, four options.
    1. Congress passes an Act of Congress establishing Intent on the 14th Amendment and defining how someone is under the US jurisdiction. This would be the best and simplest way. The SCOTUS wouldn't be allowed to contest it as Congress has full authority to define intent when intent isn't written in the law or Constitution. Only way the SCOTUS could challenge it is if there were writings by the writers of the 14th amendment showing different intent.

2. Constitutional amendment. Best way but no chance of happening in today's political sphere.

3. The SCOTUS ruling intent was directed at freed slaves and then later extended to Native Americans which signifies it wasn't blanket intent. Further that to qualify for being subject to the jurisdiction in full one has to be in a legal presence as intended.

4. The President could issue an executive order citing intent of the 14th Amendment. It would then be law of the land countermandable only by Congress or the SCOTUS. Congress would have to write an act of congress making a different intent and defend it (not going to happen and pass as far as how the 14th amendment has been currently used) or it would be challenged by the SCOTUS to decide intent. This would be the option to force a decision on it and lower courts would have no bearing.

It also wouldn't be a first for this sort of thing to happen. Other countries have had similar issues and gone through it the same way which would create a form of relevant standing on the understanding one must be under legal standing to confer citizenship by soil.

I'll add that its not just me who says these things but a lot of Constitutional scholars have agreed as well. They just aren't the scholars the left goes looking for advice because they don't suit the lefts agenda.

5. AlwaysRt

AlwaysRt DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster Blood Donor Veteran Air Force Marines

Ratings:
    +1,329 / 391
    Blood Type:
    A+
    I agree completely, it also has caused many problems for families, "breaking them apart", etc (as if the parents didn't know they were entering the country illegally so their child would have US citizenship and then sponsor the parents for citizenship.)

6. Crystalhead

Crystalhead ADMIN Admin ★ Forum Moderator ★ ★ Global Mod ★ ★ Moderator ★ ★★ Forum Sponsor ★★ ★ No Ads ★ Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Army

retired
    Ratings:
    +1,977 / 1,087
    May not have seen me around for a while. I moderate 6 different political live chats on You tube and have been busy as hell destroying this globalist Hillary Clinton. May also be gone for a little bit more as we are working hard to get the Skank locked up. Drain the swamp!

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  7. cabb

cabb DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster ✤Forum Sponsor✤

Ratings:
    +1,106 / 241
    Definitely against children of which neither parent is a citizen (or at a minimum a green card holder) getting citizenship. It's a concept whose time has past......just like the Electoral College. :thumbsup:

8. Artsportsman

Artsportsman DI New Member ★ No Ads ★

Artist,
    Ratings:
    +3 / 1
    Blood Type:
    O-
    Every democracy who choose the president by majority deserves who they voted for. And living in USA since 1980 off and on I certainly believe USA deserves Mr Trump. I also believe if he wants to make America great again he will have to be more of a genius than all the geniuses of this planet from the beginning of times multiplied by 22 trillion which is by the way approximate amount of the national debt.

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    He didn't win by a majority popular vote. (Yes, there is a few small blogs out there that claim otherwise but they do not reflect reality.)

Unemployment down, economy recovered, strongest military in the world, a technological world leader, no major terrorist attacks since 911...explain to me again how the US isn't "great"? I'm not saying it is perfect, it never has been and never will be.

Also, screaming "they took our jobs" at the Chinese is ridiculous. Nobody took anyone's jobs, robots replaced the monkey work. The US has never been as efficient at production in its history as it is now. It's mainly because we have been slowly kicking the unions out of industry and replacing their communist monkey workers/supporters with robotics. :wink:

The US has been doing just fine without Trump and it will continue to do just fine with him. It never stopped being one of the greatest countries in the world (note: not THE greatest, there is no such thing as a utopia). Old farts will never be happy with the direction the county is going culturally...your parents aren't happy with your generation, their parents aren't happy with them, etc etc. People don't like change but change will always happen....even if Trump figured out a way to clone himself and replace every single person working in government.

10. Artsportsman

Artsportsman DI New Member ★ No Ads ★

Artist,
    Ratings:
    +3 / 1
    Blood Type:
    O-
    Mr Trump keeps saying"make America great again" I think he means America is not great anymore.....but now that he is a president he will fix this with the help of his beautiful family. After of course that they will remodel the white House with the best French designers and name it The Trump palace......anyways in my opinion the quality of living here is completely unhealthy...most people especially younger ones completely stressed out,nervous,agressive, left with absolutely no perspective for the future. Real estate prices increased 3 to 5 times in 20 years. So did healthcare and education.Salaries only increased by a fraction . I came here in 1980 and since than everything has changed for the much worst....except in and out burger....this is the only thing still the same....a hamburger.