Dumaguete Info Search

Suggestion Prime Rib

Discussion in 'Dining - Nightlife - Entertainment' started by andiflip, Oct 26, 2018.

1. Liverpool fan

Liverpool fan DI Senior Member Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +1,094 / 279
    Blood Type:
    O+
    I only eat at McDonalds if I'm so drunk I don't know what I'm doing :wacky:. Coffe and icecream is okay and I go there if I'm in city and need a cr, looks clean :unsure:

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Liverpool fan

Liverpool fan DI Senior Member Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +1,094 / 279
    Blood Type:
    O+
    That's the place called MKKS beside the cookpit, the owner claims the meat is imported, US is better quality than Brazil but I agree with you, not tender, juicy and tasty, need steak knife and good teeth. I can't find anything better so buy it from time to time

3. Dave_Hounddriver

Dave_Hounddriver DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster

Ratings:
    +2,502 / 1,061
    They already have. Its available in Hypermart on occasion and here is how they do it.

4. Jens K

Jens K DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +764 / 47
    Blood Type:
    AB+
    The deli near Bo's coffee (Blvd) sells frozen steaks that appear to be US certified (CAB). Expensive (2200 per kg) but tender and tasty.

• Informative Informative x 5
  5. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    That's not what I'm talking about. I'm talking about growing the meat from cultured cells.

The company wouldn't let the reporter taste the product. I have my doubts on the verdict from the CEO, seems he is going to be a bit biased.

6. HeyJoey

HeyJoey DI Member

Ratings:
    +57 / 11
    Maybe because its the same process sh*t and probably not much beef inside.. :biggrin:

7. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    Probably? Source?

Their burgers are 100% beef.
    https://www.thankyourbody.com/mcdonalds-hamburger/
    https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/mcdonalds-100-beef/

If you want to go on about the "pink slime", mechanically separated beef was also outlawed in the US in 2004 due to the fear of contracting "mad cow disease".

McDonalds burgers are no worse for you than the burgers coming off your grill.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  8. HeyJoey

HeyJoey DI Member

Ratings:
    +57 / 11
    That's for the US products right?
    Because I remember when I was in Switzerland they said it was 100% Swiss beef same for Australia etc.

The vast majority of fast food beef comes from CAFO (concentrated agricultural feeding operation) cows.
    So no, your natural burgers coming off your grill are not the same (as for the price :wink: ).

Thank you for the pink slime I didn't know about it.

9. Rye83

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    Tell me what is "natural" about any livestock humans normally eat? Almost everything on your plate has been genetically modified by humans and cannot be found in nature. :wink: I wonder if there were humans thousands of years ago that were appalled at the thought of capturing and breeding animals for consumption instead of going out and hunting them. I wonder what cavemen conspiracy theories sounded like.

• Funny Funny x 2