Dumaguete Info Search

Exit Clearance Procedure to get Exit Clearance

Discussion in 'Passports and Visas' started by Ten Twenty Lenny, Sep 7, 2013.

1. Broadside

Broadside DI Forum Patron

Ratings:
    +16 / 1
    Has anyone recently applied for the ECC at Intramouros ? I am interested to know whether the form also has to be notarised there, or whether this is a convenient local private enterprise in Cebu.

2. HappyTraveler

HappyTraveler DI New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    How many days in advance do you need to get the ECC? How long is it good for before expire?

Do you need to have or show the old return ticket when originally entering the country? Or new ticket home since old one expired? Do they need to know the date your leaving?

3. Dave & Imp

Dave & Imp DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +1,703 / 884
    Recent experience for Happy Traveler questions.

My experience is 40 days old, in Cebu:

I believe it is good for 30 days, you need it before you leave. You should have your exit ticket from the Philippines with you, but in my case they did not ask for it, but they did ask when I was leaving and the form asks for what flight number you are leaving on. You do have to leave before your current visa expires.

All the other necessary photos, letter, and notarization are available there at the Bureau of Immigration office in Cebu... just ask the friendly guard and he will walk you to the appropriate vendor.

The process took me about 2 hours. and 500 P in fees in Immigration and about 300 P +/- for vendors. The process was less painful than I expected.. but I think things change hourly......