Dumaguete Info Search

Project Fi

Discussion in 'Science and Technology' started by Rye83, Dec 30, 2017.

1. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    Signed up for this mobile service and like it so far.

fi.google.com

$20 per month for unlimited calling and text within the US (and maybe other countries). No SIM card required. Works internationally. International call rates depend on where you are at but SMS to any number is unlimited and free in 135 countries. Data rates are a bit pricey at $10/GB but it is a nice feature as it automatically connects to the fastest available network in whatever country you are in.

So far I know that it works in the US, Canada, Russia and China (got a message welcoming me to those countries as I flew over them). I suspect the only countries it doesn't work in are countries that most people have no interest in visiting.

I think it only works on newer (expensive) phones. Not sure what will happen once I put in my Afghan SIM card when I get back to work but I'm hoping it acts like a dual SIM phone.

2. OP
    OP
    Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    Last edited: Dec 30, 2017