Dumaguete Info Search

Sold Pups for sale

Discussion in 'Classifieds' started by ShawnM, Dec 6, 2014.

1. OP
    OP
    ShawnM

ShawnM DI Forum Patron ★ No Ads ★ Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Blood Donor Veteran Air Force

Senior Construction Manager
    Ratings:
    +1,752 / 218
    Blood Type:
    A-
    After almost 24 hours since the deworming medicine, the pups are good...last time I followed around to clean up the droppings so they seem to be clean of worms for now. The last treatment was a shock to me, pretty disturbing as I do not have the strongest stomach out there.

Our Dalmatian hit one of the local dogs here so there is a pup that looks a like him. I am going to try to get her when she is a bit older, depends on the owners. I will have her spayed, she is a cute pup but don't need extra pups and her mom is small. They only had 2 pups, not sure if it was because our dogs are so much bigger than the local ones.

Once our pups are gone we will have our 2 dogs and hopefully that pup.

• Like Like x 1
  2. OP
    OP
    ShawnM

ShawnM DI Forum Patron ★ No Ads ★ Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Blood Donor Veteran Air Force

Ratings:
    +1,752 / 218
    Blood Type:
    A-
    One of our male pups went to his new home today and one of the girls will head to her new home tomorrow. I did not realize how tough it would be to start letting these little guys go, they really get into your heart and their antics are such entertainment.

Cherry has been grumpy for the past few days as we made sure the last deworming was done before letting them start going to their new homes. Obviously it is most important for us to make sure they are going to good homes and we feel good about the homes for the first 2 so far to leave the "nest".

I knew the home of our male had other dogs from the wife talking with them but did not know the breed. I was a bit hesitant when I saw they had a Rottweiler/Doberman mix (I could see the Rottweiler but had to asked what she was mixed with). No worries as she was a sweetheart once she got to know us a bit and quite a beautiful dog. She was good at getting to know the pup so Cherry felt good about leaving him with his new owners. Cherry has checked back a couple times today to make sure the pup is adjusting so far and it sounds like he is doing OK; I know she will text again in the morning to see how he made if through the first night.

Shawn

• Winner Winner x 2
  3. Jack Peterson

Jack Peterson DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Air Force

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,210 / 1,086
    Well fellow members, "MIDNIGHT" and Christmas, came early for me last night. Christmas early, was a gift from Shawn and Cherry to my wife, safely delivered to Noreco offices and she made many new friends there as she sniffed her way around I am told. "MIDNIGHT" being the name of the gift, aptly named by our 15 year old daughter who Strangely enough is going through the black & white stage, Photos of this will follow after the make up thing :p

As we know pictures can say more than words so her is a success story of Shawn & Cherries efforts.

THANK YOU Both for this wonderful "MIDNIGHT" Surprise.

midnight mamas girl HUH!.jpg jacks pack.jpg midnight sniffing.jpg midnight feeling at home.jpg midnight all fed with the family..jpg midnightd learnt to bark.jpg midnight. is that food down there..jpg midnoght getting to know molly.jpg midnight jacks baby.jpg

And the star of the show midnight Cute or What.jpg

@ShawnM I will post some more later.

Last edited: Dec 18, 2014
  4. Jack Peterson

Jack Peterson DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Air Force

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,210 / 1,086
    Just a couple more for now to Complete today's efforts. midnight and mama molly.jpg midnight and shy mama TM.jpg

not forgetting My boy, The "BOSS" Cooper midnight, Cooper the boss.jpg I may be small but I really am the Boss :p

5. OP
    OP
    ShawnM

Ratings:
    +1,752 / 218
    Blood Type:
    A-

• Like Like x 2
  6. Jack Peterson

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,210 / 1,086
    Call me soppy call whatever but my pets are like Children to me, In many cases I would trust them more than a lot of humans I know.

Letter home from "Midnight "

Dear Papa Shawn and Mama Cherry,

I had a Good First night away from There in my new home, it was a good night for me but I think I may have given them a few problems as I am not used to Sleeping on my own. I never got told off though, so maybe it was not as bad as I thought.
    Today I explored the gardens and back yard, we are only 3 here so I have plenty of room and space of my own.
    midnight, today i leanrd some things.jpg I learned 2 or 3 things though midnight, Oh that tail.jpg I learned that my new Sisters (Molly) Tail is big and strong and if I get to near, it will knock me over

Secondly, I learned that there is a pecking order at food time and the boss ( Cooper ) midnight and pecking order.jpg let me know this when I got too near his bowl, mine was in the Kitchen as we have different food just now. Then I learned that barking is OK if there is a reason midnight learnt things.jpg but I know I am going to love it here, Papa Jack says when I am a Bit older I can go walking with him and Cooper. Molly is not keen on Walking and that is why she gets put on diets every now and then. She runs around the garden a lot so she keeps fit.

When I have more Photos I will send them.

lots of love, "MIDNIGHT"

Sorry Shawn and Cherry, just could not resist this, as i said I am just a big sop over my dogs. Well we all are here.:smile:

• Like Like x 2
  7. OP
    OP
    ShawnM

Ratings:
    +1,752 / 218
    Blood Type:
    A-
    Cool post Jack, Cherry thought it was so sweet. We are both very happy that Midnight went to a family that will love her. I could not agree more, dogs are part of the family; one reason it is so hard to see them go. Cherry has been talking about getting Chili fixed so she does not have any more pups. I would like to mate her with another Belgian from a different blood line as I think Belgians are fantastic dogs. A continued discussion as I know how attached she is to the pups.

The pups have not really been barking unless playing. Our Belgian does not bark too much but the Dalmatian does seem to bark a bit often when he hears something or sees other dogs (he likes to sit on the stairs going to the second floor and watch the other dogs outside). It is not excessive and when they tear off towards the gate it is obvious they will protect their home. I don't get too twisted unless I see they are barking at a cow or other dog they see off in the distance, I also think it is good that folks know we have a couple bigger dogs that can make some noise.

I would not be surprised to see the pecking order change in the next few months, our Dalmatian is tough but the Belgian is dominant. All the pups have slightly different personalities, the girl you have is really sweet but she held her own against her brother and sisters as they were constantly at play.

You have probably noticed that she like to chew on things, their teeth are still coming in so make sure she has something to chew on other than your slippers (not sure why they love slippers but having a tough time breaking them of that...even with chew toys and bones). Also watch your garden, the kids left the gate open to mine and the pups decided that a number of my pepper and tomato plants needed to be taken out.

Thank you for posting the pics, we will always be interested in how she is doing...would it be weird to send a birthday cake when she gets to her first birthday?

Shawn

• Like Like x 2
  8. mokum

mokum DI Senior Member

retired
    Ratings:
    +574 / 136
    and when they tear off towards the gate it is obvious they will protect their home.
    For sure. I was at your gateb a few days ago trying to return some books
    You have not been home and they surely did not invited me in.
    I M O you can sell your expensive locks.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Jack Peterson

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,210 / 1,086
    Funny you should say that, Trisha has already got OCT 15th marked in bold red on the new calendar.

Nice thought and not weird at all. Maybe a joint party somewhere for the 11 of them, ( Mom and Dad invited too of course) :rolleyes: I wonder if they would all remember each other? :confused:

JP, CJ, & TM :smile:

10. OP
    OP
    ShawnM

Ratings:
    +1,752 / 218
    Blood Type:
    A-
    I started trying leash train the puppies today. They have worn different colored collars (mostly so we could tell them apart at first), to they have no issue with the collars, some were not real pleased with the leash though. It will take time, especially as they have not spent too much time outside the gate up to now. It is somewhat of an adventure and they either want to sit and enjoy the new smells, head off the road into the water that is everywhere or run. They are still young so it will be awhile till they figure out to just walk next to us.

Shawn

• Like Like x 1