Dumaguete Info Search

Sold Pups for sale

Discussion in 'Classifieds' started by ShawnM, Dec 6, 2014.

1. Jack Peterson

Jack Peterson DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Air Force

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,210 / 1,086
    Have to agree, "Midnight" went to the vets yesterday for a Parva shot and did not like the leash at first but she is getting used as we walk her round the Garden, we found that seeing the 2 older dogs on leashes helped.

BTW, do they all like TV late at Night LOL:rolleyes: Midnight i cant sleep.jpg

Midnight just viewing. Forum one.jpg

• Like Like x 3
  2. OP
    OP
    ShawnM

ShawnM DI Forum Patron ★ No Ads ★ Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Blood Donor Veteran Air Force

Senior Construction Manager
    Ratings:
    +1,752 / 218
    Blood Type:
    A-

• Like Like x 1
  3. OP
    OP
    ShawnM

ShawnM DI Forum Patron ★ No Ads ★ Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Blood Donor Veteran Air Force

Ratings:
    +1,752 / 218
    Blood Type:
    A-
    As anyone that has had a pup knows they can be mischievous; 7 pups can be quite a challenge. Somehow they were able to pry the lid off of some paint and decided it would be fun to play in...

Shawn Paint.JPG

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. Jack Peterson

Jack Peterson DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Air Force

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,210 / 1,086
    Dogs and paint went together well in the Uk 60's 70's and early 80's ICI had an Old English sheep dog as their main Advertising campaign for many years, sadly these things change when it becomes old news ( So to speak) maybe we could re- energize their thinking with these two pups.

Dulux Dog.jpg Dulux dog 1.jpg dulux dog 2.jpg or start a new trend in waste bins dogs in paint pots..jpg

Every day gets better when we can smile at things:smile:

JP:wink:

• Like Like x 1
  5. OP
    OP
    ShawnM

Ratings:
    +1,752 / 218
    Blood Type:
    A-
    Cool pics; if I seem to remember from my childhood a US paint company that used a dog as a logo, also could have been a local paint store. I've been racking my brain trying to figure out how they got the lid of the paint as I personally checked each of the plastic buckets and the lids were tight; we did have a nephew stay with us a few days last week as the river to the village was too high to pass (he goes to school in town). When our son and him get together they have a tendency to mess with things they should not.

I guess I will have to try an experiment and set a paint bucket out (over some cardboard) and see if the dogs go at it to try and pry the lid off.

Shawn

• I was wondering about that too! I was wondering about that too! x 1
  6. OP
    OP
    ShawnM

Ratings:
    +1,752 / 218
    Blood Type:
    A-
    The leash training sessions today went really well; which should not be too surprising as the parents breeds are considered very intelligent as dogs go so the pups should be the same.

I started all of them at the gate to see if they would start going around or just sit there; all but 2 took off to start exploring. The other 2 I carried down the road and set them down. 1 was right at it and the other just sat, the one sitting I would just squat down and he would come and the one time he did not I dropped the leash and started walking away and he came running. They all seem to be much more comfortable with the leash but a few would bite the leash after some gentle tugs from me. Do have one little girl that is high energy and just wants to run so she will take some more work. I'm taking each one out between 15 and 30 minutes each depending on them.

There are 3 cows that folks put out to feed in the empty lots; normally they are out a ways but today one was right next to the road so the pups were kind of freaking out about that, some would slowly walk past with me between them and the cow while some others I had to carry past the cow. Some of the pups also learned today that the weird looking dog is actually a goat and will give you a bit of a head butt when you decide to say hello.

One of the pups stands out so far, he was quite pleased to just walk up and down the road next to me with almost no resistance against the leash. The pups have a thing now; once they are done playing outside they will come in the house, jump up to me to get petted for a minute and then go lay down to sleep. The one that is doing well on the leash is always the first one to come running in for some petting from me.

It is interesting to see all their individual personalities.

Shawn

• Like Like x 1
  7. OP
    OP
    ShawnM

Ratings:
    +1,752 / 218
    Blood Type:
    A-
    I should take some pics of what these guys get into...

I did not put in the screens on the front door security door, the pups can come and go to take care of their business. They have a different cycle for the bowels and pee. As they get older they will be able to control better.

They can get in and out (a struggle as they get bigger) but had one yesterday get stuck in the kitchen window. They figured out how to open the screen and tried to work her way in through bars that are a bit more narrow. Her hips were stuck so we had to ease her out. Also had one get her head stuck under the gate yesterday...

No pics as we were in getting them out of harm, goofy guys.

Shawn

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  8. OP
    OP
    ShawnM

Ratings:
    +1,752 / 218
    Blood Type:
    A-
    I believe I mentioned before that I was interested in a pup that we think our Dalmatian hit, they gave their pups away which is up to them.

We happened to be talking with one of our other neighbors that have some pups from small dogs. At 6 weeks they have given most of their pups away, a little runt came coming out so I had to pick her up.

She is so tiny, probably the same size when Chili had her pups. The owners' told us to take her home so we did.

She got a bath and we pulled more than 10 ticks off of her, she will get the deworming meds tomorrow. All the pups are up for their next parvo (distemper) shots in the next couple of days so this little girl will get her first shots as well.

Ruby.JPG

• Like Like x 2
  9. OP
    OP
    ShawnM

Ratings:
    +1,752 / 218
    Blood Type:
    A-
    Our new pup is making the transition pretty good, she is about 1/10 the size of our other pups; so she spends most of her time being held by either me or Cherry. Currently sleeping at my back in the chair.

Chili and Pepper pretty much ignore her so far and the pups may think she is a mobile chew toy, another reason she is held so often...a cute little mutt.

Off to Dumaguete tomorrow for more puppy food (little eating machines).

Shawn

• Like Like x 1
  10. OP
    OP
    ShawnM

Ratings:
    +1,752 / 218
    Blood Type:
    A-
    Here are a few more pics of the pups...they are getting big and we both think they really have the look of our Dalmatian. I also went back and found a picture of Pepper when he was a pup.

Our tiny pup is fitting in pretty well, she is a sweet little girl and the only dog that we will let spend time in our bedroom.

Shawn

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 2