Dumaguete Info Search

Sold Pups for sale

Discussion in 'Classifieds' started by ShawnM, Dec 6, 2014.

1. OP
    OP
    ShawnM

ShawnM DI Forum Patron ★ No Ads ★ Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Blood Donor Veteran Air Force

Senior Construction Manager
    Ratings:
    +1,744 / 218
    Blood Type:
    A-
    Some recent pics of the pups. We really want to see them heading to new homes soon as they are getting big. They are up to date on shots and have been dewormed twice (soon to be 3 times).

They are great pups; very affectionate and just fun to be around.

Give us a yell if you are interested in getting a family dog that will be loyal and protective.

Shawn

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  2. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    Do these guys shed like Dalmatians do?

3. OP
    OP
    ShawnM

ShawnM DI Forum Patron ★ No Ads ★ Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Blood Donor Veteran Air Force

Ratings:
    +1,744 / 218
    Blood Type:
    A-

I haven't noticed them shedding yet. I will assume they will shed as both parents' breeds are know to shed, especially the Dalmatian. Their fur is quite soft right now but I expect it to turn course later as both parents have course hair. The good thing about floor tiles is that it is easy to sweep, which we do at least twice a day.

It is interesting to see both parents in the pups mannerisms, though they all have varying personalities. Even though the Belgian Malinois and Dalmatian have common characteristics, such as loyalty, protective and high energy they really are different dogs. I know there are a lot of folks against mixing dogs, especially pure breed, papered like ours; but I think this was a good mix (plus it was the wife's idea).

The wife is really against having anymore pups, so looks like our Dalmatian will be going to stay with the in-laws when Chili goes into heat. I'd like to find a male Belgian Malinois from a different blood line and try some more pups next year.

Shawn

• Like Like x 2
  4. OP
    OP
    ShawnM

Ratings:
    +1,744 / 218
    Blood Type:
    A-
    Dogs/pups are really odd in my opinion. We have the tiny runt from our neighbors; I bought her a collar that was too big even after putting a new hole in it...she ended up chewing it up as it was too loose and she hated it, Bought her another collar a few days ago. she has gotten used to it so far so I decided to try some leash training on this little one.

Like the other pups off the start she was just sitting outside the gate with no plan to go anywhere but back in...really funny to me as she was born and lived outside before we got her. Carried her down the road and she started walking around, once we got around her former home, they still have some pups and the mother, she started pulling on the leash to go home.

I walked the other pups a bit to continue the leash training and she slipped under the gate and followed us around. She really has fit in and the other pups are playful but not too rough.

Shawn Pups (1).JPG Pups (2).JPG Pups (1).JPG Pups (2).JPG

• Like Like x 1
  5. OP
    OP
    ShawnM

Ratings:
    +1,744 / 218
    Blood Type:
    A-
    Not sure why the pics went up twice but too late for me to delete the extra ones. The pups sleep outside our bedroom door, a bit of a pain when walking in or out but it is in their nature to be protective. Our Belgian is the only dog that I've seen that sleeps on her back as often as she does and the pups are the same, the Dalmatian rarely sleeps on his back and if he does it is only for a few minutes.

Cool pups that have an interesting mix of their parents.

Shawn

• Like Like x 1
  6. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    If I were in country I would want one of these pups. I'm afraid without me being there the dog wouldn't be trained, fed and kept in an appropriate way.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. OP
    OP
    ShawnM

Ratings:
    +1,744 / 218
    Blood Type:
    A-
    You are 100% spot on; they are great pups but we want them to go to homes that can take care of them. They are so excited in the morning to see us, like I said before the are really socialized with us and small kids (we have a bunch of nieces and nephews). They even accepted our little runt of a pup.

Shawn

• Like Like x 1
  8. OP
    OP
    ShawnM

Ratings:
    +1,744 / 218
    Blood Type:
    A-
    One of Cherry's friends posted some pics of our pups on his Facebook page and the wife had 2 folks from Manila text her yesterday. One lady was adamant that she wanted one as they are cheaper than pups advertised in Manila (she is right, I checked listings for Manila and Cebu) and wanted us to figure out how to ship one to her. I assume there is a way to do it, hell I've seen fighting cocks coming off of planes here as baggage but told the wife to tell her she could come get it herself...very weird expectation.

When Cherry came up with the price for the pups we took into account what the Dalmatian cost, what the Belgian Malinois cost (they are pretty expensive dogs), shots, medicines, toys, rawhide bones and quality puppy food. At 3,000 peso you don't come close to breaking even; but it is not about costs, we want these guys to go to good homes so I am more than willing to be flexible on the price of the pups if you can give them a good home.

Heading to Dumaguete tomorrow to pick up some more dog food.

Shawn

• Like Like x 3
  9. Jack Peterson

Jack Peterson DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Air Force

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,207 / 1,082
    Caused a little surprise and Intrigue today when we took MIDNIGHT to the vets for her Shot, A lady asked what breed she was and not being one for Full explanations of cross breeding I announced the Pup as a BELMATION Cool, or What?:rolleyes:

JP:pompus:

• Like Like x 2
  10. OP
    OP
    ShawnM

Ratings:
    +1,744 / 218
    Blood Type:
    A-
    Jack...need to be careful as I hear my mutts could be called "hybrids" (joke) I do love the Belmation name and you are definitely in full view of Midnight's temperament and loving nature.

Seriously...good pups for a good home, if there is any doubts I'm sure JP will chime in on Midnight.

Shawn

• Like Like x 1