Dumaguete Info Search

Questions About Finding Places in Dumaguete

Discussion in 'Dumaguete City' started by DS3, Mar 25, 2017.

1. DS3

DS3 DI Junior Member Showcase Reviewer Veteran Air Force

Ratings:
    +11 / 0
    Blood Type:
    A+
    Hi all!

Just wanted to get some feedback from you guys on the following:

Where's the best place to:
    - Get fishing gear
    - Have your laptop repaired (by reputable people)
    - Buy souvenirs
    - Practice playing musical instruments (perhaps a jamming studio)
    - Have a Flat screen TV repaired
    - Buy 2nd hand computer equipment

I think that's enough for today. I could go around and discover, but I think it would be more simple to ask you guys!

Thanks!

DS3

2. DavyL200

DavyL200 DI Forum Luminary ★ Global Mod ★ ★ Moderator ★ Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +5,126 / 466
    Fishing gear = optimas and is near noreco building or just before on right side.
    Souveniers is subsida souviners is on highway from town toward valencia on left side,look for the huge wind catcher.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. Notmyrealname

Notmyrealname DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +5,588 / 2,888
    I like ALGORITHMS for laptop repairs. I dropped mine and had problems charging it; they repaired it for 850 pesos (a standard rate) and then did it again for free 30 days later (it had a one month repair warranty). It has been back once again since and this time the repair was better as they sealed my broken case. So I spent 1700 pesos in total and am happy with it now; SST in Robinson's Mall wanted about 5000 pesos! Maybe Algorithms will also repair TVs and sell secondhand, I am not sure. They are located on the MAIN HIGHWAY between Dumaguete downtown and Sibulan, about midway between Cangs (NOT the one in downtown) and the 7/11 opposite Provincial Hospital. Incidentally, my wife has a brand new fishing bag (from UK) for sale. It is about 30 x 32 x 20 com and is 11 litres capacity and khaki colour.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Liverpool fan

Liverpool fan DI Senior Member Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +1,094 / 279
    Blood Type:
    O+
    Optimas is the only shop for fishing gear in Dumaguete. Sorry to say, my experience, they have no knowledge about what they are selling, and on the expensive side. On www.goodcatch.com.ph you can order online, 4-5 days delivery, you save around 30 % and the have much bigger selection, enjoy fishing

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. KTM

KTM DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +204 / 69
    In my experience, this is generally true of any shop in Dumbsville, not just Optimas.

• Agree Agree x 4
  6. Dave & Imp

Dave & Imp DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +1,703 / 884
    - Buy souvenirs = There is a place on Perdices, across the street and a little north of the New McDonalds (which is different from the "Old McDonalds" that was just moderized, and the Newest Mcdonalds by the Ceres Bus Station.
    - Have your laptop repaired (by reputable people) - Try Yolly at 0908 869 5618. She works out of her house, but comes to you in here car. She has corporate accounts like McDonalds around town She has always been very reasonable and responsive for me and saved me over $1,500 on getting portable hard drives to work again with lots of data I did not want to loose, after other shops could not do a thing. (one overseas quoted me the $1,500.) I have also had new hard drive replaced by here and route maintenance including software issues too. She is responsible if you get the right phone number. The number above is what she returned my text on the other day. She may know source for second hand computer equiptment, ask her.

NOTE: She has also kicked a$$ against Globe when they try to blame my computer for their problems by getting on the phone here and going after them verbally. Globe likes to blame everyone but themselves at times.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Outcast

Outcast DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +335 / 128
    Friday night jam session at La Fiesta in Bacong. Great fun.

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. OP
    OP
    DS3

Ratings:
    +11 / 0
    Blood Type:
    A+
    Man, you guys are really helpful!

Thanks so much...will get some things done now!

Also, we may want to pin this item so others will be able to find out as well!

Thanks again!
    DS3

9. Bdawg

Bdawg DI Member

Central Supply Technician.
    Ratings:
    +40 / 5
    Blood Type:
    I don't know.
    So, if I want somewhat decent fishing gear, I should pack some of it? I was thinking about throwing some lines out while I'm there. Thanks!

10. OP
    OP
    DS3

Ratings:
    +11 / 0
    Blood Type:
    A+
    Ok guys, I have followed up on the PC Repair, and the fishing as well is settled.
    Now, where to get a flat screen TV repaired? (one is LG, the other is Toshiba...I suspect the power supplies are toasted)

Thanks a bunch!

Ds3