Dumaguete Info Search

questions asked of our wives

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Forum' started by oztony, Jul 15, 2014.

1. Brian Oinks

Brian Oinks That's Mr. Pig to you Boy! :) Highly Rated Poster

Negros Oriental - Near to Zamboanguita ;)
    Ratings:
    +1,535 / 727
    Blood Type:
    A+
    Oh oi I have been playing on the F & P thing a bit lately, asawa is still trying to work out if I am becoming Pilipino or pulling the p*ss seeing as she is learning a few of our Oz ways and all about 'teasing'... I know it is making her hilo hilo trying to work me out :p hehe

2. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    I'm trained mine to say exactly what she means and what she is really thinking.....boy, do I regret that. Understand those words above with their real meaning and understand they are an abbreviated version of something you really DO want abbreviated. You really don't want the whole story.

3. Brian Oinks

Brian Oinks That's Mr. Pig to you Boy! :) Highly Rated Poster

Negros Oriental - Near to Zamboanguita ;)
    Ratings:
    +1,535 / 727
    Blood Type:
    A+
    I found that Filipina are not shy to tell you what is what, including how fast the flow is, the pains, how many times they have vomited, the things most guys just do not need to know, I blame myself because I did tell her I wanted her to be open and honest and I would always be there to hear her out and lend an ear... :(

Those visions imagined or otherwise cannot be unimagined after such graphic detail... :(

4. tlrtraveler

tlrtraveler DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +217 / 47
    From truthorfiction.com:

Summary of the eRumor
    This piece of alleged history explains that in the olden days of sailing ships, cannon balls were stacked on the decks on brass plates called "monkeys." The plates had indentions in them that held the balls on the bottoms of the stacks. Brass, however, expands and contracts with the temperature and if it got cold enough, the cannon balls could fall...giving real foundation to the phrase "cold enough to freeze the balls off a brass monkey!"
    bullet

The Truth
    According to the United States Navy Historical Center, this is a legend of the sea without historical justification. The center has researched this because of the questions it gets and says the term "brass monkey" and a vulgar reference to the effect of cold on the monkey's extremities, appears to have originated in the book "Before the Mast" by C.A. Abbey. It was said that it was so cold that it would "freeze the tail off a brass monkey." The Navy says there is no evidence that the phrase had anything to do with ships or ships with cannon balls.