Dumaguete Info Search

Best Posts in Thread: Questions Concerning Quarantine Rules and Guidelines - Business Hours

1. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    Look at the West to see how those less extreme measures have worked out. The Philippines is trying to take the appropriate actions. They should have been more extreme IMO. They should have banned all Chinese nationals, all flights transferring through the country and anyone that had been to the country as soon as the virus and it's severity was known and then expanded those rules to any country that started to have significant numbers of infections. Hindsight is 20/20 though.

• Agree Agree x 3
  2. Mom Miriam

Mom Miriam DI Member

Pandemic-Surviving Oma
    Ratings:
    +209 / 8
    Blood Type:
    O+
    It is Wednesday, March 3, 2021. PHO-PESU/Doc Liland reported live this afternoon that laboratory test results received today indicate that NegOr-CoVid19 Patient #1631 is among Dumaguete City's 8 newly recovered cases. Thanks be to God for the healing and thank you all for pausing in prayer! He now has natural immunity and so, even if he is 81 years old, he should be able to travel safely back to USA via Cebu or Manila. God is good. God bless Patient #1631! God bless America!

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  3. jim787

jim787 DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +434 / 38
    Today's catch, as related by Dr. Estación was quite large. Of note, a student proposing to travel, caught asymptomatic. A one-year-old, Lo-oc Dumaguete, hospitalized with pneumonia. A nurse, hospitalized. This last is especially concerning: still a lack of PPE? (Personal Protective Equipment).

The press asked, Why is Negros Or. considered low priority to receive vaccine, because of supposedly low case numbers. Dr. Estación says we are prepared and ready to receive vaccine. Much more that I could not follow. NCR is high priority, she notes.

• Informative Informative x 2
  4. grandpainak

grandpainak DI Forum Patron Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +700 / 163
    Wife got her Philippine senior citizen card at 60 and her US SSI at 62. She automatically got Phil Health at 60 as a senior CITIZEN.

• Informative Informative x 2
  5. Marmar

Marmar DI Junior Member

Retired from landscaper
    Ratings:
    +49 / 2
    Does this mean me being over 60 I'm allowed to go out for exercise walking? From what I understand after reading this is us old guys just not allowed on playing courts. I'm going crazy locked up like this.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. tuba-coma

tuba-coma DI Forum Adept Showcase Reviewer

sales
    Ratings:
    +678 / 160
    don't forget that the testing will cost you thousands of pesos. at least a significant higher price than what a test kit costs originally. happens already in other places. business? as usual. in exceptional times...

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    There is no GCQ yet. They are only recommendations from the president. Until an EO is put out by the N.O. governor and Dumaguete mayor nobody will know what is actually going to happen or what the rules will be.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. tis me

tis me DI Member

Ratings:
    +196 / 45
    I agree 100% it is going to be total chaos if they extend the lockdown beyond April 13 but I can guarantee you if my house is broken into there well be no resistance from me if they want a little food and money I well gladly oblige, just don,t harm my family.

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. Mikal

Mikal DI Member

Ratings:
    +139 / 12
    Well it wasn't ME that said that! ;-)

You have to take into consideration who is issuing what rule or rules. Someone posted something trying to point that out - the fact that there are, just like in many of our home countries, multiple levels of authority.

You have a pass issued by Bacong - it really just has significance in Bacong.

You posted something regarding the Clusters - that's issued by the NegOR provincial government, so that's applicable to all LGUs (within NegOr). BUT, it doesn't preclude more specific restrictions being issued by LGUs, it doesn't say 'access at all times'. What it really says to me is 'no travel between clusters'.

It's really no different than the way things work where most of us come from - different rules being established at different levels. Sometimes those rules may even conflict, just as they seem to be when comparing your non-Duma pass with Duma's entry rules.

You're from Cluster 1, so you can enter Duma on the dates/times already posted. How/When your own LGU restricts you is of no concern to Duma. I don't *think*. haha!

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. NYC

NYC DI Senior Member Showcase Reviewer Blood Donor Veteran Air Force

Retired Airline pilot
    Ratings:
    +576 / 154
    Blood Type:
    A-
    My partner just tried to go to Hypermart from Valencia and was stopped at the Dumaguete checkpoint. He was told that peopple from Valencia can only go to Dumaguete on Tuesday afternoon, THursday morning and Sunday. He needed to get a prescription, and the check point told him to use a pharmacy in Valencia. Not to be outdone, my partner answered that it was out of stock. The supervisor made an exception and let him through. Where does anyone find this information on who can go where and when? The governor's office should pre-empt authorities at lower levels, develop and publish a plan, override the restrictions and telll the Dumaguete mayor to go pound sand.

• Agree Agree x 2