Dumaguete Info Search

quiet restaurants

Discussion in 'Dining - Nightlife - Entertainment' started by kelpguy, May 22, 2011.

1. newbie27

newbie27 DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    I didn't know it gets noisy there...I suggest take that private room with a huge TV if cases like that, its always been available if there's no reservation. Anyways, its my 6th time to visit that place, so forgive me. Lol! Been here in Dumaguete for 7months now. I love the place "Gabby's Bistro", decent people around...it makes me home sick to Rockwell ,Makati.

2. WinstonLights

WinstonLights DI New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    if you go to an expensive restaurant, i guess it would be a quiet restaurant... just my 2 cents...:smile:

3. Jack Peterson

Jack Peterson DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Air Force

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,210 / 1,086
    2 cents? -2$ (£,€) More Like!

WL! Very Positive reply :wink: this of course is what, you would be paying for, Seclusion and Discretion.:wink: Well one would hope!

Jack P.:smile:

4. newbie27

newbie27 DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    That reminds me of a certain restaurant inside the Plantation Bay Spa, a small burger is 350PHP/piece lol!

5. ginni6

ginni6 DI Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    hi

dont forget that plantationbay is one of the primelocations in cebu mactan
    and if anybody misses tgfridays where i pay peso 350 for a simple glass of whitewine i would go for the burger in plantation where the use 100percent imported mulwarrabeef:D

6. shadow

shadow DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +39 / 0
    Gabby's Bistro

We ate last night for the first time at Gabby's Bistro. Although we have heard of this place for a couple of years, we had never tried it. Our rating;

Service 8.5
    Atmosphere 8.5
    Food quality 8.5
    Food quantity 8
    Food value 9

Overall satisfaction 9.

We will definitely be going back.

Larry

• Like Like x 1
  7. shadow

shadow DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +39 / 0
    Annabelle Jeans

This year we have not been getting out much late at night, last night was an exception. We stopped by Annabelle Jeans for a late night snack. Since this place first opened, we have been patronizing this place through numerous groups of management. It has denigrated somewhat over the years, but we have always been moderately happy with the place overall. That is, until last night.

For the first year or two AJ was open, they had an excellent order of chicken wings. One could order them in regular or spicy. 6 wings were P100 or so. Loved them.

About two years ago the spicy option was no longer offered, it was not an issue as they always supplied a good hot sauce. The quantity went from 6 wings to 4, not such a bargain anymore, but still acceptable.

Last night, the chicken wings are no longer nearly as tasty as they used to be, and the price is still P100,... for TWO smallish wings! A P60 order of fries amounted to a vary small handful.

I hate it when good places go bad.

Larry

8. Rarity54f

Rarity54f DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +4 / 0
    Cafe Laguna is the best place for such a need. It is very clean, super quiet, very high cool aircon, and the food is superb. It is where Hotel Nicanor is. If I were the lady, I would be impressed, and I would be able to hear every word said because as I have said earlier it is a very private place.

9. baxxmike

baxxmike DI Junior Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Neva's

Nice casual place up past Silliman College good Italian dishes and brick oven pizza, mostly locals with a few tables but good food

10. OnMyWay

OnMyWay DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +9 / 1
    and be sure to get there fast as I've been told that it's failing miserably. They built a very nice restaurant with no parking and it's cost them tons of business.