573.1 KB
      Views:
    • Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. furriner

furriner DI Forum Adept Restricted Account

Ratings:
    +348 / 70
    I do not believe a quota visa will allow a permanent resident to own land. Not sure where you heard that but if you have a cite, I will stand corrected. Otherwise, it is written into the Constitution that only citizens can own land and SC court consistently follows the literal requirement. As far as corruption, for someone willing to play that game (which is a dumb idea because the visa can be yanked anytime if govt wants to crack down and visa holder accepts new balay at the Graybar Hotel), when someone said “even tens of millions of pesos” to buy such a visa, something didn’t click properly since the SRRV is only one million MAX but mostly much less for people over 40 and even for younger people you are talking 2.5 million (50k usd), so...why would someone opt to make an illegal payoff bribe when it is cheaper to do it legally?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Agree Agree x 3
  3. ChMacQueen

ChMacQueen DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Army

Ratings:
    +1,386 / 173
    If you lived as a permanent resident for 10 years you can apply for citizenship. Various restrictions apply of course such as good moral character, assets, and so forth. That is what I was told by the immigration chief a couple years ago when I had to do that interview and fingerprints for that paper slip in passport. He had recommended I apply for a quota visa and said after 10 years I could apply.

• Informative Informative x 2
  4. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    Quota Visa - Philippines

The Quota Visa is an immigrant visa for foreign nationals that are citizens of countries that have diplomatic ties with the Philippine that grant Filipinos the same immigration privileges under the principle of reciprocity. Each country will be granted up to 50 per calendar year. You can apply for this visa at the BoI Main Office in Manila according to the BoI website.

To apply for this visa you will need to do the following:
    1. Download and print the CGAF. (Attached to this thread or you can download from the official BI Website.)

2. Submit the documents for pre-screening to the Central Receiving Unit (CRU) or to the frontline officer or staff of other Immigration Offices able to process this transaction.

3. Get the Order of Payment Slip (OPS).

4. Pay the required fees.

5. Submit copy of Official Receipt.

6. Attend hearing. Please refer to the Official Receipt for the schedule and venue of the hearing and Image and Fingerprint Capturing.

7. Proceed to Image and Fingerprint Capturing Counter of the Alien Registration Division (ARD) and submit requirements for ACR I-Card application

8. Check website if visa application is already approved.

9. If approved, submit passport for visa implementation.

10. If ACR I-Card is approved, claim ACR I-Card.
    Cost:
    P18,830.00 + $50 (USD) for ACR I-Card

Source: BoI - Quota Visa

I know there is at least one member here that has a Quota Visa. If anyone would like to share their experience (and comment on any discrepancies/inaccuracies) please feel free to add to this thread.

Note: I have heard there is quite a lot of corruption and bribery involved to get a "guaranteed" approval for this visa. I could be completely wrong on that as I have no personal experience with getting this visa. I'm also not sure what happens if you don't make the list for the year you applied....though I would think that it would roll over to the next year.

Attached Files:

• Informative Informative x 2