Dumaguete Info Search

Quotes

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Forum' started by john boy, Apr 25, 2009.

1. MrClean

MrClean DI Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    "The myth of hell represents all the meanness, all the revenge, all the selfishness, all the cruelty, all the hatred, all the infamy of which the heart of man is capable." ~ Robert G. Ingersoll

2. OP
    OP
    john boy

john boy DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster

Retired
    Ratings:
    +1,155 / 230
    "If there be an infinite being (God), he does not need our help- We need not waste our energies in his defense"
    ................also Robert G Ingersoll.

Hell - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

3. MrClean

MrClean DI Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    Hitler stated in a speech to the Stuttgart February 15, 1933: "Today they say that Christianity is in danger, that the Catholic faith is threatened. My reply to them is: for the time being, Christians and not international atheists are now standing at Germany’s fore. I am not merely talking about Christianity; I confess that I will never ally myself with the parties which aim to destroy Christianity. Fourteen years they have gone arm in arm with atheism. At no time was greater damage ever done to Christianity than in those years when the Christian parties ruled side by side with those who denied the very existence of God. Germany's entire cultural life was shattered and contaminated in this period. It shall be our task to burn out these manifestations of degeneracy in literature, theater, schools, and the press—that is, in our entire culture—and to eliminate the poison which has been permeating every facet of our lives for these past fourteen years."

4. OP
    OP
    john boy

Retired
    Ratings:
    +1,155 / 230
    "WE are not only to renounce evil, but to manifest the truth"
    James Hudson Taylor.

"No one who really wants to count for God can afford to play at Christianity"
    H A Ironside

5. MrClean

MrClean DI Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    "Whenever we read the obscene stories, the voluptuous debaucheries, the cruel and torturous executions, the unrelenting vindictiveness, with which more than half the Bible is filled, it would be more consistent that we called it the word of a demon, than the word of God. It is a history of wickedness, that has served to corrupt and brutalize mankind; and, for my part, I sincerely detest it, as I detest everything that is cruel." - Thomas Paine, Age of Reason

6. OP
    OP
    john boy

Retired
    Ratings:
    +1,155 / 230
    In Bibical times life was cruel it's true.....then along came Jesus Christ.

" I cannot think of anything more cruel then throwing someone into a lion's den/arena
    for what they believe in and call it pleasure or sport......JB"

7. MrClean

MrClean DI Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    "Only the dead have seen the end of war." ~ George Santayana

8. MrClean

MrClean DI Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    "Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it". ~ George Santayana

9. OP
    OP
    john boy

Retired
    Ratings:
    +1,155 / 230
    "Some people continue to make the same mistakes while other's learn by them" JB

10. MrClean

MrClean DI Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    "There are three kinds of men: The ones that learn by reading; The few who learn by observation; The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence and find out for themselves." - Will Rogers