Dumaguete Info Search

Vehicles & Servicing RACAL 3 WHEELER

Discussion in 'Businesses - Services - Products' started by marc.oz, Jun 16, 2016.

1. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    There are laws against all sorts of things in the Philippines.....but outside of Manila, Cebu and Davao there isn't much chance those laws are enforced much, if at all (so long as nobody gets hurt).

2. shakey

shakey DI Member Veteran Navy

economic refugee
    Ratings:
    +295 / 8
    Blood Type:
    O-
    Best Answer
    We wanted one for one of our businesses so I did some research and investigation of both Racal and Russi. The Racal location at the airport couldn't provide product information so I went to the main location in Amlan which is a huge warehouse containing a few of their models, one shelf of accessories and no spare parts. Several of the 3 wheelers were in various states of disassembly. After wandering around for quite a while and asking for someone who could tell me about the 3 wheeler a salesman finally came out of an air conditioned office. Looking at their website mission statement it is all about selling and nothing about service after the sale. The larger model I was interested in was out of stock and the sales person didn't know when they would restock from China.

I have several friends who have bought at Russi and have had good experiences so I thought I would try them since doing research on Alibaba I saw models labeled as Russi. On entering Russi a person will direct you to the correct person that will answer any concern.

When Russi stocks a motorcycle or 3 wheeler the have new parts on hand and are compatible with what they sell. Their 3 wheeler is called Chariot but instead of having a 150 cc engine the one they sell is 172 cc which sells for about P72,000.

My driver is an experienced tricycle driver but on his first time he didn't know how to start it and used the kickstarter and it came off of the splined shaft and when he tried to drive it back on damaged the spline. I called Russi tech support and within 30 minutes a repairman came. Seeing the problem and the time sensitive nature of out use he instructed my driver on how to start using the choke and electric starter saving our day. He also gave us information where to bring the 3 wheeler the next morning. The next morning we were in and out in 30 minutes because they have the tool which restores a damaged spline and look after those who buy their products. I am extremely impressed with their service after the sale and the quality of their 3 wheeler.

shaky

• Informative Informative x 4
  3. tlrtraveler

tlrtraveler DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +217 / 47
    Marc, Rusi also has a three wheeler that looks more robust than the Racal version. I was looking at both and would purchase the Rusi over the Racal---175cc engine and a much more robust chassis. Personal preference, I guess!

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1