Dumaguete Info Search

Rain

Discussion in 'News and Weather' started by PatO, May 9, 2015.

1. blueskies

blueskies DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +204 / 35
    Sounds exciting to put this news on board…Well, that thunderstorm sounds scary it woke me up!:nailbiting: I was been hearing this trumpet sound up in the sky last week which was recorded on video that happened in Batangas near manila. I hope its not the end of the world yet…hehehheh:coldfeet::wink::wink:
    The generous rain did save my comatose plants, if we are on wet season month then I could save few thousand pesos from dying plants and endless watering mission.:drowning::drowning::drowning:
    This morning, I save several black bees from drowning the pool(about 50’s of them) and 1 earthworm on free diving.:drowning:
    Upcoming news will be sad, its about my mini farm down south that suffered a lot from draught.:dead::dead::depressed:

• Like Like x 2
  2. jimeve

jimeve DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Army

retired.
    Ratings:
    +1,856 / 1,026
    Blood Type:
    A+
    What's up with this "trumpet sound" Wife was banging on about it. Maybe God's learning to play the trumpet:headphone:

• Funny Funny x 2
  3. WATSISNAME

WATSISNAME DI Member

Ratings:
    +255 / 100
    I remember when we were kids being told the lightning and thunder was santa welding and making toys for xmas.......maybe he trying out a new train set :smile::smile:

• Like Like x 3
  4. ShawnM

ShawnM DI Forum Patron ★ No Ads ★ Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Blood Donor Veteran Air Force

Senior Construction Manager
    Ratings:
    +1,752 / 218
    Blood Type:
    A-
    Surge protectors are not designed for a lightning strike, best bet is to unplug the TV during a lighting storm. Does your place have a ground or is it just hot and neutral? They do make lightning arresters for cable/antenna TV. I've never used one but have installed more than I can count for fire alarm system antennas and have rarely seen them fail; plus they are super easy to install. I would check with Polaris first as a guess. I've seen some of the dish installs on houses and have not noticed a lightning arrester but your provider may be able to point you in the right direction.

Tanjay was a bit of lightning, thunder and some rain; wind was not bad at all.

Shawn

• Informative Informative x 2
  5. DavyL200

DavyL200 DI Forum Luminary ★ Global Mod ★ ★ Moderator ★ Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +5,126 / 466
    Well we just had fil products around here but we're no use what so ever, I probably think our place is hot and neutral, I take it there must be a solution to this?
    Thanks for the info shawn.

• Like Like x 1
  6. DavyL200

DavyL200 DI Forum Luminary ★ Global Mod ★ ★ Moderator ★ Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +5,126 / 466
    It looks like the rainy season has well and truly set in now as predicted, far better with cooler temps.
    Let's hope it lasts, that elnino effect made it pretty uncomfortable, and surprising how fast things green up after a few days rain!

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  7. DavyL200

Ratings:
    +5,126 / 466
    Well, those rains and cooler temps didn't last very long. It's up around 35deg again!

8. Turbota

Turbota DI Member

Retired Military Pilot / Fed Civil Service
    Ratings:
    +107 / 18
    I lived in Bacolod for 4 years. We always got a lot of rain during the rainy season (usually started in mid June) ... Since I have now been here in Dumaguete for the last 6 weeks, I have seen very little rain compared to what we used to get in Bacolod.

Is Dumaguete located in just a very dry area of the Philippines, or is this lack of rain abnormal for this area?

BTW ... I also lived in Angeles City for about a year prior to moving to Bacolod. Angeles City got lots of daily rain during the rainy season I was there.

I just can't figure out why Dumaguete is so dry during a period of time that it should be rainy heavy almost daily .... strange considering we are in the Philippines.

Last edited: Jul 15, 2015
  9. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    A little less rain than other parts of the Philippines. Angeles and Subic get quite a bit more rainfall than Dumaguete.

rainfallphilippines.gif

• Informative Informative x 3
  10. Turbota

Turbota DI Member

Retired Military Pilot / Fed Civil Service
    Ratings:
    +107 / 18
    Friday, July 17 ... Hot as hell here in Dumaguete and not a cloud in the sky. Dry as a bone!

Don't know what happened to this so-called "Rainy Season"?

• Like Like x 1