Best Posts in Thread: Razor Wire

1. bootlegger

bootlegger DI Member

Retired
    Ratings:
    +216 / 40
    Blood Type:
    O-
    We have a cattle fence from Europe(made in Poland), sandwiched between 2 strands of barbed wire on top of our blind side walls, 3m above ground level. Solar powered, 12V rechargeable battery that puts out between 4500-9000V, at very low amperage, every couple of seconds even in rainy season. So far collected 2 step ladders(bamboo) that would be intruders have left behind. I have personally tested it at 4500V, very effective, couldn't use an arm for about 2 hours afterward and cleared my earwax problem too. Only thing I've needed to do with it in 6 years, is one change of battery, easily available here and changed the conduction wire(to German stainless steel).

• Informative Informative x 4
    • Genius Genius x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Obliged Friend

Obliged Friend DI Forum Adept Veteran Army

Ratings:
    +288 / 77
    Blood Type:
    O-
    Matiao Hardware...I don’t care if it was made on the Moon...needed to get something on the fence where the man climbed over a few weeks ago.

https://i.imgtc.ws/qfnNgR1.jpg

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Catabisis

Catabisis DI Member Infamous

Ratings:
    +45 / 9
    Blood Type:
    A+
    Razor wire is exponentially better than barbed wire

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. wolvhund

wolvhund DI Member

Ratings:
    +121 / 36
    Yeah, I didn't really mean to get into the differences between personal protection, patrolling and competition and what breeds excel in the the different drives and traits needed for each. There is little doubt that the Belgians are the top breed in patrolling and competition right now and you know more about them and their abilities than I do. The Belgian Malinois is a great breed and I have nothing bad to say about it.

My thinking is like this, a lot of people find a motorcycle to be really useful in the Philippines, more so than lets say, the US. We can talk about which is better a Honda or a KTM but what is appropriate for the Philippines is really the Rusi. Cheap, durable, easy to maintain, and you don't have to worry about it getting stolen as much. That is the role I have in mind for a Filipino Guard Dog. I don't think you would leave your BM alone out on a fishing platform to discourage people from messing with it but that is exactly the type of job that they are needed for.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Liverpool fan

Liverpool fan DI Senior Member Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +1,094 / 279
    Blood Type:
    O+
    No reason to mix the Malinois, it may be the best guard and family dog in the world, for sure in top 5, but it is my personal opinion, which I share with a lot of people. Mix the breed will just spoil its skills

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Happy Camper

Happy Camper DI Senior Member Restricted Account Infamous Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +1,395 / 180
    Blood Type:
    O+
    A nice big dog that says, that is your side of the fence, and this is mine. I won't bother you if you respect my side of the fence.

• Agree Agree x 2