Dumaguete Info Search

Real bread in Dumaguete

Discussion in 'Expat Section' started by The Dane, Nov 7, 2006.

1. pickled_newt

pickled_newt DI Forum Patron

Ratings:
    +17 / 12

I like to try their bread .Josephen ,do you know where their bakery outlet in Bacong or Sibulan is?

2. josephen

josephen DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    If this is really the Peter (the Fuchs) whom I know...then you can try the bread at the carenderia located at Maslog, Sibulan (right next to Pepsi Cola). I was last home to Sibulan three months ago, and during that time he only has a few displayed at the store owned by the in-laws.

He is living at San Miguel, Bacong and bakes lots of bread for certain beach resorts around their area. Bulk orders!

If you happen to be around Maslog, you may want to ask about Peter and/or maybe take your orders from the in-laws, since he also display his bread there.

I do wonder, though, what makes his bread "real"? I am now really sorry for myself for not trying his bread the last time I was around. Is it the ingredients or the type of flour he use (maybe imported all throughout Germany) or is it more on the consistency or texture or the taste?

Bon Appetit!

3. chrissar

chrissar DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +9 / 1
    This is really good news to my husband, coz if we are in Dipolog, if he fancies crusty bread with his bolognese, all I can serve him is pan de sal.:wink: Looks like it sadly, not the real thing.:( And especially, josephen's cousin has an outlet now in Sibulan... BRILLIANT NEWS INDEED!!!!

4. pickled_newt

Ratings:
    +17 / 12
    Thanks a lot for the info Josephen :smile:

5. oceanpet

oceanpet DI New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Does anybody have this peter's phone number?

6. pickled_newt

Ratings:
    +17 / 12
    oceanpet, you scroll back on the previous page of this thread there was member ' ginni ' who posted a phone number of this european or 'german' baker ,try that ,it might connect you.

if not rhoody might know :wink:

7. Rhoody

Rhoody DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +38 / 0
    Yes I do know this guy... he makes one of the best breads in Duma, but ut still has NOTHING to do with real bread. I know that many of our guests in my working place before like his bread, but they were coming from countries where a burger bun is entiteled as bread. sure, than it is good. In counties with "real" bread you would not use it to throw it at the rats sitting at the garbage....

But we all live here, so PN is right, the number is posted by ginni6 on the previous page, you also can order real fresh milk from him, you have to use it fast, or make your own joghurt.
    BTW there is a new Deli opening in Dumaguete on Sunday. They promise to have also "real" stuff, not that terrible things you can buy in the existing "Delis" ... let's see...

all the best

Rhoody

8. pickled_newt

Ratings:
    +17 / 12
    thanks for the info rhoody, that's helpful even for us next time.

9. West Coast Hokies

West Coast Hokies DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +6 / 0
    Good luck, It didn't work for us....we tried it and couldn't get through...Had to settle for bread at the hyper mart bakery...which was good enough.

10. shadow

shadow DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +39 / 0
    Peter's new number is;

0915-209-3863

Larry in Valencia