Dumaguete Info Search

REAL FOOD & BEER - Just can't believe it

Discussion in 'Dining - Nightlife - Entertainment' started by Rhoody, May 24, 2008.

1. OP
    OP
    Rhoody

Rhoody DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +38 / 0
    Jelly, thats why I left that point open to your and everyones judgement ... hehe. I can tell you that a Erdinger/Paulaner/Kulmbacher is better than this Oettinger-Cow-p*ss what is used in some Resorts to "poison" the guests... hehe

2. The Dane

The Dane DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +15 / 0
    I guess it is time for another visit soon to check out the even better Casablanca - it was great on my last visit as well though one of the best gordon bleu I had to date :smile:

3. archon_manofsteel

archon_manofsteel DI Forum Adept Blood Donor

Ratings:
    +6 / 0
    Blood Type:
    B+
    Is it possible to post its menu here with its prices? :smile: picture of the food looks delicious and I want to try the ERDINGER.. wonder how much it cost? more expensive than the regular SMB i presume.

Cheers! :smile:

4. john boy

john boy DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster

Retired
    Ratings:
    +1,155 / 230
    Whats this Rhoody Ham Shanks special? looks delicious', take back my comments about German sausages...hehehe
    regards john

5. gotz

gotz DI Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0
    Thanks Rhoody. Now I'm happy, With stomach full after eating the roasted pork knuckles and the Roasted potatoes right in the pan. lolz. I did not use the plate. I'm having a feast with the food and Iced cold coke zero. while my other companions ordered pork medaillion and other dishes (which they said were tender and juicy), they were surprise when my order came. You're right Rhoody, the food is great. The waitresses were personable. The last thing I could say is I'll be back.:cool:

Thanks to Jimmy6 for preparing the very deliscious food. It was a short but warm meeting with him. My first meeting with one of you guys. I was with my brother-in-law, a half German but who grew up in the States. He arrived last Saturday with my sister and their son.

6. balustre

balustre DI Member

Ratings:
    +9 / 0
    I'll be back in Duma in July. Hope to visit Casablanca and try their fare.

7. OP
    OP
    Rhoody

Rhoody DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +38 / 0
    Gotz,
    good to hear that you had a good meal there. I hope we also meet some day, you will tfind out that there is no need to be afraid or shy. I am always happy to meet some members for a talk and some great time, wherever it is.
    see you somewhen around

Rhoody

8. jellyfish

jellyfish DI Forum Patron

Ratings:
    +19 / 0
    confirmation

As promised I did go last week to Casablanca to try the Hax'n mit Sauerkraut und Bratkartoffeln"" and the Erdinger beer.
    The last one was not really new for me, but I could not remind the taste anymore, it was too long ago that I had one of that brand.
    The food did indeed taste excellent.
    If I had also taken a picture of my plate at the end of my meal (like Rhoody did), then it should have caused confusion since I did not finnish my plate.
    A big hump of meat was still on my plate.
    I'm a good eater but this was simply too much as lunch for me :smile:
    I had a long nice talk with Guenther during my lunch so he could easily observe my appreciation. It was delicious.

Casablanca is surely a good addition to the gastronomy in Dumaguete.

9. 2townz

2townz DI New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I just had my breakfast but seeing these pics, MAN i'm sooo going to Casablanca now! :p

10. OP
    OP
    Rhoody

Rhoody DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +38 / 0
    Hi 2townz,

I just got an invitation - txt for the soft opening of the Sushi-Bar at Casablanca for today, You can be sure that I make some mouthwatering pictures of it... I met the Japanese chef who is training the staff there and was the "victim" of the trainings-sushi and sashimi with additionally I had to drink a lot of Saki (as it is tradition) and needed a trike home as my bike wanted to go another direction than me... Somebody HAS to stop Guenther from punishing me...

Rhoody