Dumaguete Info Search

Food & Grocery Real Fresh Milk

Discussion in 'Businesses - Services - Products' started by SteveB, Jul 25, 2011.

1. alesypalsy

alesypalsy DI Member

Ratings:
    +123 / 5
    Good to find this old thread as the number for the milkman is now out of service so will send the in law to get some from town:smile:

• Funny Funny x 1
  2. mokum

mokum DI Senior Member

retired
    Ratings:
    +574 / 136
    The Agrarian Office in Valencia ( on the back of the municipal building ) used to have daily fresh milk brought in from the farmers.

3. DaveD

DaveD DI Senior Member Showcase Reviewer Veteran Navy

Ratings:
    +1,041 / 129
    Blood Type:
    A+
    This sounds very intriguing. Does he have schedule when he stops by the Blvd per chance? Or is it hit or miss? I am interested in the butter specifically.

Last edited: Dec 22, 2015
  4. DaveD

DaveD DI Senior Member Showcase Reviewer Veteran Navy

Ratings:
    +1,041 / 129
    Blood Type:
    A+
    Goat milk yes. You can find pasteurized goats milk in Chicco's deli in front of Why Not Disco. They also sell soft and hard goats milk cheese and yogurt. All are very good IMO. If you want unpasteurized goats milk PM me and I will provide details.

DaveD

5. Mikala

Mikala DI Member Blood Donor Veteran Navy

Nuclear Engineer
    Ratings:
    +144 / 3
    Blood Type:
    A+
    I went to Norient Dairy 2 days ago and they had a few liter bottles of fresh milk, along with a few dozen small bottles of various flavors. When asked about plain yogurt, they had a liter bottle of plain yogurt too.

I didn't purchase anything though as I needed some lemon juice for my recipe, but ended up finding fresh lemons at Lee Plaza! Life is good. Now just need to go back to Norient and buy the yogurt! :smile:

I took photos of the outside of their delivery van with a variety of phone numbers and will post those soonest. The girl behind the counter said the numbers are all valid, even though they were faded from the sun. She did not otherwise have a business card or flyer or anything of the sort available.

• Informative Informative x 1
  6. Charlie

Charlie DI Senior Member Restricted Account Veteran Coast Guard

Ratings:
    +417 / 128
    For lemon juice you can buy those little yellow plastic lemons at the deli attached to Why-Not. Works for me.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  7. Mikala

Mikala DI Member Blood Donor Veteran Navy

Nuclear Engineer
    Ratings:
    +144 / 3
    Blood Type:
    A+
    Photos of Norient Dairy along with the phone numbers on the truck.

IMG_6863.jpg IMG_6859.jpg

• Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  8. TheGoatary

TheGoatary One Hit Wonder?

Goat Cheeses & Goat Milk
    Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    Hello Dave, please google 'cows milk versus goat milk' and you will read how great it is to have goat milk and other goat dairy products available in the city. Soon we will be able to offer our products from dedicated refs at Lee plaza and Hypermart.
    Thank you for your recommendation! Georg

• Like Like x 2
  9. DavyL200

DavyL200 DI Forum Luminary ★ Global Mod ★ ★ Moderator ★ Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +5,126 / 466
    I will say the cheese you make os as good as if not better than back home! Hope this entitles me to some discount :smile:

• Funny Funny x 1
  10. shakey

shakey DI Member Veteran Navy

economic refugee
    Ratings:
    +295 / 8
    Blood Type:
    O-
    Both Silliman Farms and Don Bosco have eggs produced right there and Silliman Farms has a Dairy in Pamplona whose milk is brought to the Airport Rd farm for processing. They have built a new state of the art milk laboratory. Farmers from as far away as Bacong bring their milk there for sale and processing. Silliman has over 60 Holstein cross cows from New Zealand.

Norient processes milk also but the quantity is limited. If you want a reliable supply pick it up at the processing plant behind Provincial Hospital.

shakey

• Informative Informative x 2