Dumaguete Info Search

Suggestion Recommendations for aircon unit?

Discussion in 'Expat Section' started by AlwaysRt, Apr 25, 2017.

1. OP
    OP
    AlwaysRt

AlwaysRt DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster Blood Donor Veteran Air Force Marines

Ratings:
    +1,329 / 391
    Blood Type:
    A+
    Ahhhhh, OK, so my brain was a bit dull and missed the spelling error but the good news is there were a couple puzzle pieces missing so I am not Totally daft... Whewwww Thank you very much to both of you once again!!!

..."if I were a rich man..." being willing to spend maybe a bit more than I should makes me something... but 'rich' is not it LOL

• Like Like x 1
  2. PatO

PatO DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Marines

Ratings:
    +4,539 / 1,016
    I had an inverter split level and had problems with it and finally replaced it with a same model - non-inverter model, at the store owner's suggestion. No problems since and not a big spike in Noreco cost. I only run it from 8pm to midnight.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  3. OP
    OP
    AlwaysRt

AlwaysRt DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster Blood Donor Veteran Air Force Marines

Ratings:
    +1,329 / 391
    Blood Type:
    A+
    I saw you mention that before. Did he give you a reason why? @Dave_Hounddriver has a similar sounding issue and has explained it but I am still confused as I thought inverter-type was an upgrade just as a higher SEER rating (efficiency) would always be an upgrade. I can hear my fan slow down occasionally, especially when power tools are being used in construction next door so an inverter's ability to cope with fluctuating power seems the choice for me.

4. Dave_Hounddriver

Dave_Hounddriver DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster

Ratings:
    +2,502 / 1,061
    I believe it is. There are times when I do not believe it is a required or cost-effective upgrade. (Such as in poorly insulated areas)
    Very logical. It probably is the choice for you.

• Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  5. PatO

PatO DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Marines

Ratings:
    +4,539 / 1,016
    I'm not too mechanically inclined and didn't understand his explanation and not sure I would believe the owner anyway who suggested I replace the inverter model. They were happy to sell me the more expensive inverter model in the first place.

6. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    If you see any "Chigo" units I would recommend those. Those things hold up quite well in the brutal heat of Afghanistan and Iraq (40-55°C). Everyone here talks sh*t about them but they don't realize just how much abuse they actually take (and that they are on 24/7 for years) before they actually break.

7. Lizard68

Lizard68 DI Junior Member Blood Donor Veteran Air Force Navy

Retired
    Ratings:
    +4 / 2
    Blood Type:
    O-
    I can testify to the radiant barrier... I added it to my attics in my house in the desert near Palm Springs, CA and it made a BIG difference in the temperature in the house and the monthly electric bill.