Dumaguete Info Search

Feedback Refreshing!

Discussion in 'Forum Announcements & User Feedback' started by Andrew, Apr 4, 2015.

1. Andrew

Andrew DI Member Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +151 / 57
    Blood Type:
    A-
    As an expat for several years, I've been a member of several local forums, the majority of which are populated by 'Hooch's'. In the 1990's there was a popular alco-pop drink in the UK called 'Hooch' and the strap line was 'bitter & twisted'. I gave a colleague the Hooch nickname in my office because it suited him well! So - thankfully it is somewhat refreshing to note that I've yet to encounter any Hooch's here (yet).

I congratulate DI for a well moderated forum. I appreciate that not everyone shares the same views, opinions or outlook on life; if they did life would be very mundane indeed.

As a new resident of DC (well, Amlan to be precise) DI is an invaluable resource and I'm grateful for its existence. I am especially comforted by the willingness of members to help me out, share knowledge and provide a warm welcome.

There are 'Hooch's' everywhere. Thankfully they seem few and far here. I know you 'ain't gonna please everyone all of the time - but for me, I remain thankful that new friends and helpful advice is only a few clicks away. Keep up the good work...

• Like Like x 6
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    Thanks for the positive review of the forum. It really is appreciated!

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. jimneda

jimneda DI Junior Member

Ratings:
    +42 / 6
    Blood Type:
    I don't know.
    Being new to the forum, I'd really like "Hooch's" defined. At least I think I would.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  4. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    I was wondering that myself. I was thinking that it was akin to a "drunk" or "womanizer".....or maybe something between the two.

5. OP
    OP
    Andrew

Ratings:
    +151 / 57
    Blood Type:
    A-
    The 'strap line' for Hooch (a sharp lemon kinda alco-pop) was that it was "bitter & twisted" - hence me using HOOCH as a nickname for this guy who, no matter how good a day he was having (rare in itself) was always 'bitter & twisted'. The world was against him, glass half empty etc. Basically he was the human equivalent of Marvin the Paranoid Android (Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy).

6. Rye83

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    :o o: I see words, they are written in English, but I can't make sense of it. This was either written by a Brit or I'm drunk.....maybe both. :pompus: Jok jok na lang, I'm tracking.

7. OP
    OP
    Andrew

Ratings:
    +151 / 57
    Blood Type:
    A-
    No worries - I wouldn't expect an American to understand the Queen's English anyway! :wink: (JOKE!!!!)

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. Jack Peterson

Jack Peterson DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Air Force

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,210 / 1,086
    I just know you are kidding now, but before you tell me JP, I know what a Hooch is, for the benefit of those that are not as Quick ad you you in the morning ( Especially Sunday)

A Hooch is someone who is all bitter and Twisted, Always moaning about something or Other No matter how Good things are Going and we have Had a couple on here, ( No names no pack drill) :pompus:
    Sorry Andrew I don't mean to tread on your Toes but when it comes to English, Dustin gets his Texan head on. We have had to all learn some Texan English to get bye.:wink:

It's all good Fun

JP :bag: :whistling:

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. OP
    OP
    Andrew

Ratings:
    +151 / 57
    Blood Type:
    A-
    Well, after a few beers - who talks anything comprehensible anyway? (myself included).
    Finglish in this part of the World - so even a Texan can be fluent! (chuckle chuckle)..x

• Funny Funny x 2