Dumaguete Info Search

Refugee Mall

Discussion in 'Dumaguete City' started by charlyB, May 6, 2024.

1. charlyB

charlyB DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +1,124 / 334
    Yesterday we went to Robinsons Mall around lunchtime, we knew it would be crowded because of the scheduled power blackout (don't know why they call it a brownout).
    When we arrived at the entrance to the new car park the queue to get in was out in the street, once we got into the car park we ended up in uncharted territory for us and that was the 5th level open air parking, normally we can get a space by the 2nd or 3rd level. We gave up on the ground level a long time ago as it's always congested by people stopping and waiting for a space or by others who insist on trying to reverse into a space and proving that they are not very good drivers.
    So we parked on the super hot 5th level but every cloud has a silver lining and the view from up there is stunning.
    Once we got inside the mall i thought we were in a refugee evacuation centre, there were hundreds of people sitting on the floor just sucking up the free air con and internet, it's very kind of Robinsons management (if there is any) to allow this but not so good for the people who are going there to genuinely buy something.
    A weird thing was that it's the first time i have been there and there was no queue for the BDO ATM's and they all seemed to be operational.

2. PatO

PatO DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Marines

Ratings:
    +4,556 / 1,017
    I would have joined them and sat on the floor, if I wasn't stranded at home. Can't blame them.

• Like Like x 1