Dumaguete Info Search

Cebu Refusal of check in for a flight from Cebu to Hong Kong

Discussion in 'Surrounding Areas' started by RR_biker, Apr 16, 2016.

1. Jack Peterson

Jack Peterson DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Air Force

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,210 / 1,086
  2. Dave & Imp

Dave & Imp DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +1,703 / 884
    This is very good informative information. Particularly for those of us with Tourist Visas doing "BI Exit/return runs" every three years. Remember not to get caught with a passport about to expire within 6 months because your short trip could end up being a six month vacation in a foreign country
    The US in suggesting renewing your passport 6 months early now before it expires. A somewhat simple task in Cebu Consulate.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  3. nwlivewire

nwlivewire DI Senior Member Showcase Reviewer Blood Donor Veteran Army Navy

RETIRED
    Ratings:
    +715 / 91
    Blood Type:
    A+
    For US passport holders, for many years it has been suggested to make sure one travels with at least six months left on the passport. Many other nations seem to follow this "rule of thumb", too. So it may be a smart thing to begin planning passport renewal 12 months out if finances are tight or if this process becomes a larger expense outside the usual contraints of one's budget (like an extended vacation).

nwlivewire

• Informative Informative x 1
  4. jimeve

jimeve DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Army

retired.
    Ratings:
    +1,856 / 1,026
    Blood Type:
    A+
    UK has got to have at least 6 months left on passport on the day of departure from overseas.[/QUOTE]

Edited by a moderator to put Post outside Quote

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 19, 2016
  5. OP
    OP
    RR_biker

RR_biker DI Senior Member Veteran Marines

Ratings:
    +746 / 109
    Each country has its own rules and requirements about the validity of a passport when entering that country.
    So when I want to visit a country, first thing what I do if my passport meet the requirements of Immigration to make sure I can enter and not being refused. For Dutch citizens, like me, going back to your home country there is no need a passport is valid for 6 months or what's ever. The passport should be valid, that's it. And of course when the validity is less than 6 months or more entering a country is not possible.
    Stupid Cebu Pacific is an air carrier without any knowledge about international passengers in transit and their passports.
    Nevertheless I was able to fly back home, as both Cathay Pacific and Aeroflot know exactly what are the rules and requirements so not even one single question or remark about my passport.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  6. nwlivewire

nwlivewire DI Senior Member Showcase Reviewer Blood Donor Veteran Army Navy

RETIRED
    Ratings:
    +715 / 91
    Blood Type:
    A+
    Yes. Each nation has it's own rules - with many nations really enforcing their rules to the letter of the law these days.

So I make it a point to have at least six months left on my Passport. I don't have the memory bank to remember which country has what rule, so I plan on 1 year left on my passport, then I start making arrangements to finding out how to renew my passport. I do know when I was travelling very heavily back in 2001-2004, it seemed like most countries wanted six months back then on my passport before I could enter beyond their airport terminal security checkpoints.

V/R,
    nwlivewire

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. OP
    OP
    RR_biker

RR_biker DI Senior Member Veteran Marines

Ratings:
    +746 / 109
    You are right when travelling around all the time from one country to another country to have a passport which always has a validity of 6 months or more. In my situation not important as I permanently stayed in the PH until the moment I went back to my home country for renewal.
    It's completely ridiculous that an air carrier operating international flights is not aware of passport regulations for their passengers.
    Shame again on Cebu Pacific..................!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Agree Agree x 3
  8. Monty44

Monty44 DI Member

Ratings:
    +45 / 9
    Blood Type:
    A+
    HEY MAN!! I KNOW ABOUT THE FRUSTRATION THAT ARISES WHEN YOU ARE A VICTIM OF INCOMPETENCE !! AND AS YOU SAID, I THINK, WE ARE LIVING IN A THIRD WORLD COUNTRY!! AND VASTLY UNEDUCATED IN DEALING WITH THE PUBLIC!! AFTER ALL IT IS THE PRINCIPAL OF IT ALL ANYWAY!! P 22000 IS ABOUT $500!! CAN YOU ABSORB THAT? WE ALL FEEL FOR YOU BUDDY!!!

9. kel1guy

kel1guy One Hit Wonder?

Ratings:
    +1 / 0

Go to your local DTI Office and make a complaint. I am pretty sure you will get a refund.

The address and phone number for DTI is near the bottom left of this link:
    http://google.com/government-offices-negros-oriental/

Kelly In Leyte

10. Dave_Hounddriver

Dave_Hounddriver DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster

Ratings:
    +2,502 / 1,061
    I would surely like to see the follow up on that one. What makes you think he will get a refund. He was refused because his passport did not have the required 30 days of validity. He was trying to get on board as an "exception to the rule" but the C P people were just doing their job. They are not paid to think, just to follow instructions. Since the C P staff did indeed follow the rules, how will he qualify for a refund?