Dumaguete Info Search

Cebu Refusal of check in for a flight from Cebu to Hong Kong

Discussion in 'Surrounding Areas' started by RR_biker, Apr 16, 2016.

1. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    Following a rule that are wrong. I don't think anyone is blaming the employees, the clueless management maybe, but not the lower level employees.

2. Dave_Hounddriver

Dave_Hounddriver DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster

Ratings:
    +2,502 / 1,061
    I may disagree with your assessment, but more info is needed. The poster did not tell us who the connecting flight was with but it was not Cebu Pacific. As far as CP were concerned his flight ended in Hong Kong and they had to comply with Hong Kong rules or risk being penalized. If the poster had booked a connecting flight, all on one ticket, I doubt he would have had this problem. Yes, our poster probably showed them that he had a connecting ticket but I know from past experience that CP will not make any guarantees to meet connecting flights in Hong Kong. They used to, back in 2008, then they stopped doing that. Must have had problems like this one?

3. DaveD

DaveD DI Senior Member Showcase Reviewer Veteran Navy

Ratings:
    +1,041 / 129
    Blood Type:
    A+
    Maybe but I have never been on a Cebu Pacific flight in Duma that took off or landed on time either. "They don't need no Friggin Schedules!"

4. OP
    OP
    RR_biker

RR_biker DI Senior Member Veteran Marines

Ratings:
    +746 / 109
    Obviously you don't understand what's going on. So read again my previous postings. My passport did not have to have a requirement of a 30 days validity, which is only applicable when you enter Hong Kong. I was only transit, had a valid ticket for a connecting flight. Why Cebu Pacific stopped me, while the staff @the check-in desk of Cathay Pacific allow me. No difference, my passport was still not valid the required 30 days. But Cathay Pacific staff know the international rules in air traffic for their passengers and know the difference when you want to enter or just being transit. Once again I had a connecting flight, so only transit, which means, you will not pass Immigration but stay inside the airport terminal on the airside. So from the gate where the plane will arrived you just leave it, go to the transit desk and check in again. No need to go through Immigration. Seems to me you are swimming to the Phil from where you are originating.
    Your posting is a recommendation to apply as an employee for Cebu Pacific @their check in desks in one of the international airports in the Phils.

• Winner Winner x 1
  5. OP
    OP
    RR_biker

Ratings:
    +746 / 109
    In fact, also Chathay Pacific told me I was only allowed to board their flight if I had just carry on luggage, given the fact of validity of my passport. Any check-in luggage they were unable to label till final destination, which should implicate I had to pick up my check in luggage and that was not possible, coz in that situation you have to go through Immigration to reach the roundabout where you can pick up your check in luggage. It is as simply as can be
    Is that so difficult to understand for Cebu Pacific. Should I miss my connecting flight, which was for 99,9% impossible as I left Cebu on a flight one day earlier than the departure of my connecting flight in Hong Kong, I could still buy a new ticket in the transit area @one of the many desks of all kind of air carriers operating flights to Europe including my home country and still no problem with respect to the validity of my passport.
    But with so many things in the PH, they, no matter, Immigration, PNP, Air cariiers and so on, always think they know better.

• Informative Informative x 1
  6. ex231

ex231 DI Member

Ratings:
    +124 / 28
    To answer your question - Everything is difficult for Cebu Pathetic to understand. I've beat my head on the wall more than once because of them.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Dave_Hounddriver

Ratings:
    +2,502 / 1,061
    That is correct. You were there and I was not, which is why I said
    For example, when you write
    You neglect to tell us who the connecting flight was with. Was the connecting flight with Cathay Pacific which would help them make their decision?
    It is obvious that you were quite annoyed with this situation and it may be that you were justified in wanting to have someone else pay for what happened, that is between you and them. As a reader, I just see someone who delayed getting their passport renewed to the point where it became a problem and now it is someone else's fault.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. OP
    OP
    RR_biker

Ratings:
    +746 / 109
    My connecting was not a Cathay Pacific flight but with Aeroflot, the reason why Cathay Pacific was unable to label any check in luggage till final destination. For reasons that @HKG airport there is obviously no exchange of luggage between these two air carriers for luggage coming in and to be forwarded on another flight.
    But when you have only carry on luggage it is just not relevant.
    I was not delayed or did forget to renew my passport, it was planned this way. As I also did it 5 years ago.
    Once again, Cebu Pacific made rules on non existing grounds to refuse a passenger who full fill all the requirements, a valid ticket to fly from Cebu to HKG, a valid passport on departure from the Phils, a valid ticket for a connecting flight and again a passport that is still valid to fly to final destination, my home country.
    If not, than Cathay Pacific should have refuse me or Aeroflot should have refuse me for boarding.
    That did not happen, coz no problem. Only Cebu Pacific was making problems.
    So in my point of view Cebu Pacific is the one making a big big fault.
    But knowing the attitude in the Phils they will never, never admit they were wrong.
    Oh, what I forgot to tell, upon arrival with the Cathay Pacific flight @HKG airport I went straight to the Immigration officer on duty.
    Guess what he told me. You are completely right, in your situation no need to have a passport with a validity of 30 days as you are not entering HKG territory by passing Immigration.
    In return I asked him to give me a written statement what he just told me.
    His reaction, no need to do so, coz that are well known rules and if Cebu Pacific don't know you better log a file and start a complain against them.
    For Immigration, as long as you stay in the transit area, we will not deal with passengers.

• Informative Informative x 2
  9. Dave_Hounddriver

Ratings:
    +2,502 / 1,061
    This is great information to know. If you don't need a valid passport in the transit area then you surely don't need a valid visa or other documentation beyond a valid onward ticket. It means I can take a filipina to Canada or US and stop to change planes in Tokyo without having to get her a visa for Japan because we have no intention of leaving the secure area. (Of course she will need a visa for the destination country.) It is especially interesting because I have noticed problems with the USA in the past in that they don't even let non-visa people even fly over their country, let alone stay in the secure area of the airport.

Thank you for supplying additional information. I will write to ANA before paying for the flight, just to be sure, but the information you have given here tells me I will have no problem at all doing that.

• Like Like x 2
  10. AlwaysRt

AlwaysRt DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster Blood Donor Veteran Air Force Marines

Ratings:
    +1,329 / 391
    Blood Type:
    A+
    It is all about the country you are flying into. Some countries don't care if you stay in the secure side of the airport, other countries require a transit visa to do that. Always check in advance.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1