Dumaguete Info Search

regular expat meetups in Dumaguete

Discussion in 'Expat Section' started by baltoed, Aug 27, 2014.

1. Dave & Imp

Dave & Imp DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +1,703 / 884
    Alex is having an "event get together" about something Australian thing called
    Anzic day 10 am 25 th April at Andys Private Gardens. . I am not really sure what it is even though Roodog explained it on the forum. I think it has the same meaning as St. Pats day for the Mexican male population, a reason to drink and "bullshit" . You don't have to be a full blooded Australian to attend but you can be an "honorary Australian" something that includes an honorary initiation ceremony with a female Roo, unless you are adventurous and want to try a male :wink: The Event will be on April, 25 at Andy's Secret Gardens, a pleasant somewhat private place right on the waterfront. Regarding becoming an "honorary Australian" I am just concerned about a lot of half bread Roos standing out in front of McDonalds asking for handouts after my morning breakfast as the result of the initiation ceremony. It would take a long time to fill some of their pouches. Check out Alex's post if you want to meet some fellow posters here or, some guys who family hertitage is so bad they got kick out of England.. aussie aussie aussie oi oi oi | Dumaguete Info

I was just kidding about the Roo thing, but I still think it would be more interesting than the New Zealander's groups honorary initiation with a sheep, :wink: (and the nationalistic bantering begins... lol)

@alex
    @roodog
    @oztony
    @Andrew

• Funny Funny x 2
    Last edited: Apr 5, 2015
  2. alex

alex DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster

EXPERT BOLA BOLA
    Ratings:
    +1,296 / 1,129
    Yes long partys some time they go for a week not always the same people from start to finish.We measure distance in cans of beer Q. how far to town m8? A .not far a 6 pack maybe , how far to Darwin m8? A bloody hell its a least a carton m8 maybe 2 if the river is up .

• Funny Funny x 1
  3. Jack Peterson

Jack Peterson DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Air Force

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,207 / 1,082
    :wacky: Hence my Admission at never Finishing a marathon yet.:woot: But Then 'her that must be obeyed' seems to turn up at that time it's time to Go anyway

So I live to Drink, another day. :sneaky:

JP :bag: :thumbsup:

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. alex

alex DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster

EXPERT BOLA BOLA
    Ratings:
    +1,296 / 1,129
    Yer dave some got deported for stealing fish n chips rapped in news paper, others got it for floging a cup of tea n a bun luv

• Informative Informative x 1
  5. Dave & Imp

Dave & Imp DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +1,703 / 884
    You don't have to steal fish n chips in Dumageute anymore. There is a good place to buy and eat them at UK Dinner on the street across from the Octagon/Shell Stations off of Perdices Street. Go east on the street about the third shop on the left, very small but great food. Very good deal, I think it was 140 P with great fish, chips, Mussy peas, and a small salad of sorts. The owner is a honest man, his family still lives in the UK, they did not get deported to some Island. :wink:

@alex

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1