Dumaguete Info Search

Reliable, affordable internet access in Dumaguete

Discussion in 'Dumaguete City' started by arthur, May 22, 2016.

1. danbandanna

danbandanna DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Marines

Ratings:
    +1,482 / 300
    Blood Type:
    A+
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Brian Oinks

Brian Oinks That's Mr. Pig to you Boy! :) Highly Rated Poster

Negros Oriental - Near to Zamboanguita ;)
    Ratings:
    +1,535 / 727
    Blood Type:
    A+
    This was my 6Mbps Fil-Products results this morning at 8am.
    (Gmail/ Facebook and Di Forum open in Tabs)

Attached Files:

3. reich31e

reich31e DI Member

Ratings:
    +106 / 12
    I have PLDT Fibr Home Unli Plan 1899, 20 Mbps in Sibulan near back of Toyota speedtest 1.png speedtest.png ....yesterday installed, switched from Globe and got the Promo, no cashout, free Router and Installation, 6 Month 50 % off, done in less then 1 Hour....but locked in 36 Month.....here are 2 Test Results

• Informative Informative x 2
  4. ChMacQueen

ChMacQueen DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Army

Ratings:
    +1,386 / 173
    That doesn't matter because they aren't buying unlimited bandwidth from pldt. Like all of the others they buy X amount of bandwidth and then oversell massively. PLDT is the only one trying to provide what they sell in full right now. Globe upped itself somewhat over the last 2 years since Duterte's threats but have been on a downward trend again since the San Miguel / Telstra deal fell through.

That's a good site to get a more accurate broader result. I do wish they showed as well speed to the US as that is where many major things are hosted (including many major games). However you'll just dumbstruck the internet techs from the isp's here trying to show them that and explain. They are trained only on speedtest and really don't understand jack. If you watch though you'll see though that the connection anyplace outside of SE Asia is utterly horrible.

Still I challenge those of you guys doing speed tests to run a test at 6-9pm range and see how well it comes out. Use http://www.dslreports.com/speedtest then post here.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  5. Brian Oinks

Ratings:
    +1,535 / 727
    Blood Type:
    A+
    I will do so tonight as I am interested myself what the results will be. :thumbsup:

6. AlwaysRt

AlwaysRt DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster Blood Donor Veteran Air Force Marines

Ratings:
    +1,329 / 391
    Blood Type:
    A+
    Exactly and the proof in in an earlier post "One guy told me my signal was weak at -80 db and a signal closer to -95 db would be better". Ummm, no Mr Engineer Installer, -95 db is not better than -80db, -80db is pretty friggin awesome while -95db is about average for my signal and is merely adequate.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  7. Brian Oinks

Ratings:
    +1,535 / 727
    Blood Type:
    A+
    Okay I did the Tests at 6PM - 7PM - 8PM & 9PM

Speed Test 6PM September 2018 DSLREPORTS.com.jpg Speed Test 7PM September 2018 DSLREPORTS.com.jpg Speed Test 8PM September 2018 DSLREPORTS.com.jpg Speed Test 9PM September 2018 DSLREPORTS.com.jpg

• Informative Informative x 2
  8. Brian Oinks

Ratings:
    +1,535 / 727
    Blood Type:
    A+
    The above; I do not know how accurate those tests are considering I have a 6Mbps connection and the last attempt tested higher. As far as I am aware, you would normally never reach the full connection speed, and according to these tests they connected to Servers outside of the Philippines. The Tests I have done connecting to Manila have given lower readings in the past.

9. ChMacQueen

ChMacQueen DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Army

Ratings:
    +1,386 / 173
    Can't say to well w/o being able to do longer tests but looking like maybe you had some background download (maybe a windows or other app small update) or it was due to the ISP's *boost technology* which really is just a scam in its own way often enough. the scam part is they detect a new connection and give it *boost* for the first X amount of data or time like a minute or two and then it slows down to the average. This was a hugely common thing done for years all over including the US back in the day to give false test speeds to make it seem right. They know the average speed test lasts 30 seconds or 25Mb of data (most now are 100-200Mb of data though). They still happen here in the Philippines but have become less of a problem in the last couple years due to PLDT's push for better internet (mainly due to Duterte's threats and the fallen through Telstra/San Miguel plan).

Still the second set of tests look very awkward.

10. DavyL200

DavyL200 DI Forum Luminary ★ Global Mod ★ ★ Moderator ★ Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +5,126 / 466
    Screenshot_20180924-120922.png

Last edited: Sep 24, 2018