Dumaguete Info Search

Relocating from Thailand to the Philippines

Discussion in 'Dumaguete City' started by Brian_Goddard, Dec 9, 2018.

1. ShawnM

ShawnM DI Forum Patron ★ No Ads ★ Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Blood Donor Veteran Air Force

Senior Construction Manager
    Ratings:
    +1,744 / 218
    Blood Type:
    A-
    This topic has gotten interesting...been a bit boring lately on the forum to be honest.

I came up in the military with many friends that had Filipina wives; was at the conclusion most of my life that Filipinas would never be for me. I was married to a Korean at the time and with the stress that came with that nut job I couldn't throw stones. So many things ended badly that I was really turned off on how things went for friends (and later with more stripes having to deal with the drama of my troops).

Years later after retirement from the USAF and some travels you find someone that just catches your eye. Now you have a house, a life and person that you will spend your life with. There are always challenges and being straight and honestly finding the right person is what makes things what they are.

There are many folks I've met with some great stories on how they met...some decades ago when it was just a pen pal thing.

Not to paint a rosy picture (I will never wear the rose colored glasses about the PI); there are obviously challenges when you decide to be part of their lives...sometimes it works out though.

Shawn

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. Swissrider

Swissrider DI Member Restricted Account Showcase Reviewer

Retired
    Ratings:
    +132 / 28
    I'm not quite sure what you want to tell us. Yes, sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. And ?

Gesendet von meinem SM-N950F mit Tapatalk

3. ShawnM

ShawnM DI Forum Patron ★ No Ads ★ Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Blood Donor Veteran Air Force

Senior Construction Manager
    Ratings:
    +1,744 / 218
    Blood Type:
    A-
    And; sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. That is pretty clear; every man has to put his big boy pants on each day and decide what will happen that day in their life.

Does education make a Filipina understand your politics or sports or whatever you find interesting in life? My wife follows the Dallas Cowboys, does she know more about the team than me?...Nope, do I know more than the people that are paid to follow the NFL, another big Nope.

My point, I guess, is just find someone that fits you. Man up; I've always thought about relationships in the fishing mindset; keep casting until you catch the one you want.

Personally have seen terrible situations and have also seen some positive.

Shawn

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    Last edited: Dec 15, 2018
  4. Notmyrealname

Notmyrealname DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +5,591 / 2,888
    And you've been reading my posts??? :smile:

• Funny Funny x 4
  5. OP
    OP
    Brian_Goddard

Brian_Goddard DI Member

Ratings:
    +61 / 6

we are now on page three of this Post i perhaps need to rethink my labels when posting about relocating to the Philippines or elsewhere for that matter
    I have enjoyed reading all the responses Mostly about finding available p*ssy LOL

In reality the intention was about life for the Philippines from a economic view, Reason The Retirement Visa issue in Thailand in short the goal posts have been shifted
    at this point of time the monthly pension route has been discarded as the following Embassies will no longer sign the required proof of income Declaration or Affidavit.
    Australia, America, Great Britain, and Denmark have all stopped issuing proof of income Notifications and possible more to come in the new year.
    In the case of citizens from the 4 above nationalities unless we have 800,000 Baht to season in the bank for 3 months we are well and truly stuffed. hence looking for exit options. So thats it in a nutshell

re the response if one can not find p*ssy in Thailand we will have issues in the Philippines 55 55 or ha ha Yes I agree after 18 years here I have a modest inkling of how the game is played
    4 am here so back to my bed thanks for posting
    B G from Thailand

• Like Like x 1
  6. tuba-coma

tuba-coma DI Forum Adept Showcase Reviewer

sales
    Ratings:
    +678 / 160
    about visa: I find it very comfortable here in Phils, on a 6 months tourist visa, extension without problems for a fair ammount right here in town...I almost forgot the horrible visa runs in Thailand every 3 months where I had to leave the country just for a minute...
    about relationship: there is a nice saying in asia: no money, no honey. turn it around and you have the perfect recipe for a great relationship, whatever kind of. don't be cheap charly, it doesn't work anywhere in the world, and espacially not here in asia. give a fair allowance and feed the girl 5 times a day and you get the best partner here. -only problem she will gain weight :-)

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  7. OP
    OP
    Brian_Goddard

Brian_Goddard DI Member

Ratings:
    +61 / 6
    Interestingly my post has been changed either by a moderator or a spell check robot
    I thought the word i used was an accepted option to the word that has been posted good job I did not use a four letter word we use in the land down Under

8. IggyPop

IggyPop DI Member Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +115 / 50
    Are you saying if I get out my wallet I can then ditch the old bird for a new latest model?

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. Swissrider

Swissrider DI Member Restricted Account Showcase Reviewer

Retired
    Ratings:
    +132 / 28
    You got it :smile: You can even get a Ferarri. Depends on your wallet.

Gesendet von meinem SM-N950F mit Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  10. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    I believe you did ask about women. I assume you are satisfied that part of the question was thoroughly covered? :wink:

There is no other way to verify your pension/income? You have to excuse my ignorance on this topic but does the government not have to send you some sort of form for your taxes every year w/ your income from the pension? I know with my disability check from the US military/VA I can also go online and print out every single payment that has ever been sent out to me through my account there, I would think a similar system exists for US SS. Would these options, or others of similar nature, not be sufficient to prove you were getting a paycheck?

I am aware that governments are slow to adapt to a changing environment and legislation and policy takes time to be replaced, and that sucks, but perhaps a talk with the OIC in the immigration office would help out a bit.

There is a censored word list that automatically alters "bad" words. What's exactly on that list? I don't know anymore and I don't care enough to go look. There are SEO and Adsense reasons behind that, or at least that was the reason it was originally put it in place. It used to just replace a vowel in the naughty word with an asterisk, now it replaces the word with a completely different one. I don't like that method but...it is what it is. Now I just add the d*mn asterisk myself for naughty words. :sneaky:

• Informative Informative x 1