Dumaguete Info Search

Passports Best Posts in Thread: Renew Philippine passport

1. Senjenbing

Senjenbing DI Forum Adept Veteran Marines Navy

Milliways - at the end of time and matter
    Ratings:
    +419 / 198
    My wife's passport was due to expire in June so in May she tried to book an appointment for renewal - the earliest available appointment was mid-August, which she attended. All done in less than 20 minutes with pick-up 2 weeks later. In theory the whole exercise could be done online with pick-up acting as proof/validation (In & out in 5 mins). I get the feeling it's the bureaucrats justifying their existence and slowing the whole process down.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Informative Informative x 2
  2. charlyB

charlyB DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +1,101 / 333
    You can't get into the DFA unless you have an appointment.
    But wait maybe another P100 to the door security guard would solve that !

• Like Like x 2
  3. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    You get them online for free. DFA isn't selling them, fixers are talking advantage of a broken system.

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. kaayo

kaayo DI Junior Member

Ratings:
    +11 / 0
    Blood Type:
    A+
    August 22 update: I've been checking online for an appointment slot for my sister in law for many months now, and there are NEVER any slots available. And yes, my wife also noticed a Filipina on FB who is selling appointment slots. Sounds like DFA employees selling slots in advance to a 3rd party, so one can never get an appointment without paying for it - as well as the passport itself. My God, the corruption never stops.

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. Justice911

Justice911 DI Member Restricted Account Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +72 / 9
    The Passport-Production takes only 10 to 14 days, but 3 months ago it was sooooooooo hard to get a slot, I spend 7 nights to get a slot and when there was a green color, I had to give all the data, fill out all the forms so quickly and then it was said: "You run out of time" or when I did not pass the short time, it was said: "Sorry, the slot is given away"....so I almost desperated and in the 7th night at 3 am, I finally got a slot for my wife. The same with Cebu and Davao and Manila and so on.....UUUFFFFFF !!!!!!! what bad system.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    Last edited: May 24, 2018