Dumaguete Info Search

Best Posts in Thread: Responsibility for Past Delinquent Subdivision Dues

1. PatO

PatO DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Marines

Ratings:
    +4,532 / 1,016
    If it was me, I would try to negotiate a settlement. Apparent mistakes or omissions on both sides and now the water issue makes this something you just want to go away. Going after your lawyer might be a real goat rodeo here and cost you pesos.

• Agree Agree x 3
  2. Show Pony

Show Pony DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +2,368 / 1,258
    The developers AGENT sold the property. The key word being agent. As an agent that person is speaking on behalf of the developer.
    Imho. Too bad for the developer.
    Edit.. your lawyer should sort this out.

• Agree Agree x 3
  3. furriner

furriner DI Forum Adept Restricted Account

Ratings:
    +348 / 70
    HOA dues seem to be a real scam around here. We RENTED a place and before leaving, the absentee owner “required” us to be back HOA dues which we never knew about. It was not part of the rent agreement. Landlords seemed to think it was between us and the HOA. Of course I declined paying as only the home OWNER could be held liable if indeed there was anything due at all. In your case, I would decline payment, not even knowing if the bill was for real or just a scam since prior HOA dues was not part of your closing statement as witnessed by your attorney, who by the way, should give you better advice than we on this forum. Even if he advised to pay I wouldn’t. There is no credit rating system here and you’re being forced to pay would be in extreme violation of my sense of fair play. Let them sue; without a signed statement on your part that you would pay before taking possession of they property, they would probably lose.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 2