Dumaguete Info Search

Riding groups in Dumaguete

Discussion in 'Dumaguete City' started by Prime, Jul 5, 2008.

1. andyfarquar

andyfarquar DI Junior Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Where I come from, a moped is up to but not exceeding 50cc. There are only few of these in Philippines, hardly any in Dumaguete. Most bikes are 100, 125 & 150cc. The TMX 155 that most Manila trikes run is not prevalent in Dumaguete. Likewise, the Honda XR200 and the Motorstar Z200 are rare outside Manila. You can save a lot of money by buying your bike in Manila & shipping it to wherever else you live in Philippines. Negros Navigation have a freight service that costs a lot less than RORO.

2. KTM

KTM DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +204 / 69
    New Suzuki dealership on the North Road, between St Paul's & the airport, left side going north, has a new Hayabusa (GSXR 1300) for sale at P890k, cash, I think and a couple of new Gladius 650's at P480k each. Of course, I doubt they actually have the infrastructure or know how to maintain these sort of bikes though.

Brian, the new owner of the airport Happy Freds, has new and used Kawasaki KLR 650's for sale, which are good enough for most touring you will do over good/bad roads hereabouts.

Nearest BMW dealers are in Manila, Mottarad & Autohaus, new F650GS with all the bling is about 1 million, a new GSA 1200, basic, with no bling, around P1.35million.

There are a few big bike club's in Dumaguete, e.g. Harlistas, Roadrunners, Outsiders, OGBU, etc, for 400cc and above only bike owners, membership usually by invitation only. There are scooter and offroader organizations too, (try Motorcycle Philippines website for more details).

Most of the clubs not only here but all around the Philippines, do help the underprivileged. This year's Bayawan Run, distributed over 7500 pairs of slippers for children in Bayawan City alone. Building & maintaining children's playgrounds, school supplies donations to hinterland school pupils are just some of the activities these groups are into.

If one looks hard enough around Dumaguete, there are a few good/used big bikes for sale, certainly in Cebu & Bacolod, but one has to actually make an effort to find them, by speaking to big bike owners.

Lastly, the 6th Unity Run dinner for the VISAYAS CONFEDERATION OF BIGBIKERS CLUB will be held at Mamia's restaurant on the Boulevard, this Saturday(Nov 20th 2010). If you are interested in bikes, come down have a look, chat with the guys & gals, WE DON'T BITE!

3. Texsinbad

Texsinbad DI Junior Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I know that this is an old thread, but I am new to Dumaguete and would like to find a Riding Group or people who would enjoy getting together for rides.

Dan

4. OnMyWay

OnMyWay DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +9 / 1
    i'm always up for a ride. Just got back from 1400KM through samar and leyte. Fantastic bike trip.

5. Dave & Imp

Dave & Imp DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +1,703 / 884
    Interested in short rides for sighseeing

I recently purchased a Yamaha 125 YBR. I would be interested in joining you in a local ride (half day for starters).

Dave

6. Texsinbad

Texsinbad DI Junior Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    My number is 09297265364. This Saturday, Dec 3rd, there is a Sand Building Contest at Monarch Beach Resort just south of Tambobo Bay, which is 35-45 kms south of Dumaguete. My gf and I, and I think one or two others will be going. We will be back in town before dark, which is about 5:30pm.

If you or anyone else is interested in joining us, meet at Mc Donald's at 12 noon Saturday.

7. denpet

denpet DI Senior Member Highly Rated Poster Blood Donor Veteran Air Force

Ratings:
    +351 / 96
    Blood Type:
    O+
    Found this old, but interesting thread. It has been bumped twice before, without complaints, so I guess a third time will pass too.
    We, Roadrunner MC, just opened a new clubhouse along the highway going south, left hand side, 1km before the fish in Bacong. Open to members and guests on tuesdays and fridays. Good place to get in touch with big bikers for those interested. Tuesdays we do bring-your-own-meat BBQ. Fridays we just hang out and drink beer.
    I also met a nice guy who just opened a new big bike store in Dumaguete. Have not been there yet, but it's located on the same street as Siliman Medical, on the same side, between medical and the highway. He is also bringing in parts and big size tires on order.
    Good mechanics are available in and around Dumaguete. I know a few if anyone need the contact info let me know.

8. shadow

shadow DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +39 / 0

Tell us a little about your club, dues, CC limitations, typical rides, etc.

9. denpet

denpet DI Senior Member Highly Rated Poster Blood Donor Veteran Air Force

Ratings:
    +351 / 96
    Blood Type:
    O+
    400cc limit. Members by introduction and vote in only. So, it's good to hang around the clubhouse on said days to "show face" and learn to know the members.
    We ride every week on day trips on southern Negros or Cebu, and frequently on weekends to nearby places, like Bacolod, Cebu, Moalboal, Bohol etc.
    And once in a while on longer trips.
    Dues are set annually to cover expenses and shouldn't offend anyone who can afford a bike.

10. shadow

shadow DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +39 / 0
    Sounds great, except I don't know anyone who has or needs 400 CCs here. Enjoy anyway.

Larry