Dumaguete Info Search

Riding groups in Dumaguete

Discussion in 'Dumaguete City' started by Prime, Jul 5, 2008.

1. denpet

denpet DI Senior Member Highly Rated Poster Blood Donor Veteran Air Force

Ratings:
    +351 / 96
    Blood Type:
    O+
    We are quite a few who has 400cc or more here, but really I don't see who needs more than 400cc anywhere. But, Harleys are nice everywhere, and they are not available in smaller :smile:
    It's not the practical needs of power that's the attraction, but the interest in the bikes themselves. :wink:

2. shadow

shadow DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +39 / 0
    When I moved here I had not ridden anything smaller than 800 CCs in 20 years, and had no interest in doing so. However, the safe highway speeds are just a bit different here from the wide open roads of Wyoming going to Sturgis, where I went for a number of years starting in 1984 when 10 of us on 6 bikes rode to Sturgis from the Oregon coast.

After living here for a number of years practicality and budget alters one's state of what is acceptable. My YBR gets the wife and I to 100 KPH without too much trouble. So although the interest in bigger bikes has always been there, there is no need or justification for same, except as "prestige". 20 years ago if someone had told me I would be riding a 110CC bike and enjoying it, I would have laughed in their face. However, now I would tell you the funnest bike I have ever had was my 110 XRM which I rode for a number of years. I have had far too many bikes to count.

Enjoy anyway. There are a few on the forum that have bigger bikes.

Larry

3. tommy99

tommy99 DI New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    i would love to join!
    ill be there in december. when i lived in surigao i bought a korean built 125cc scooter for 34,000p new.. do you think my scooter would keep up with you?

4. flxibl2006

flxibl2006 DI Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    I would hope so. 60 to 80kph is fast enough for these roads. Dogs, cows, goats, chickens, children, drunks and other things can (and do) run out in front of a bike whether it is going 60 or 120kph. Not to mention defects in the road surface that are too varied to list. When we go for a ride it is to see the countryside not see how fast we can get from point "a" to point "b". A good group can accommodate all riders

5. tommy99

tommy99 DI New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    hey flxible2006.. im here in dumaguete now. i live very close to robinsons.. let me know when you guys go for a ride, id love to come along.. tommy99