Dumaguete Info Search

Robinson's Dumaguete turns away foreigner with seeing eye dog

Discussion in 'Dumaguete City' started by shadow, Aug 16, 2014.

1. Jack Peterson

Jack Peterson DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Air Force

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,212 / 1,089
    So! instead of giving Criticism of others, give the man, your Opinion

2. simple mind

simple mind DI Forum Patron

Ratings:
    +19 / 4
    Could you consider the possibility that I wrote that as an observation and not as criticism...

3. regulrjoe

regulrjoe DI New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    So, since he plans on living here, he probably will not sue Robinsons? My guess.

4. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    I completely missed this post. My apologies for side tracking the thread. Perhaps you should open another thread with this as the opening post. It might draw a bit more attention than a post buried in an off track thread and you might find some support for your documentary.

5. tomtorific

tomtorific DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +108 / 30
    Pareho Mea Culpa and as I posted in a different thread "If I had to start a new thread each time I had a fleeting lucid thought(getting more so) I would forget that thought even before I hit, Start New Thread"

6. Jack Peterson

Jack Peterson DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Air Force

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,212 / 1,089
    In a Word NO

7. Irenicus

Irenicus DI Member

Ratings:
    +46 / 7
    Mark is actually meeting with some folks tomorrow to discuss this situation further. Some.....errr.... rather high-placed folks. Robinson's is part of that meeting, and it would be a great opportunity for them to step up to the plate and set some solid precedent. And don't forget, this just isn't a foreigner issue, it affects every individual that relies on assistance dogs. Let's hope it all works out!

8. PatO

PatO DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Marines

Ratings:
    +4,563 / 1,017
    I wish they could do a better job enforcing the handicap parking violations as well.

9. oztony

oztony DI Senior Member Blood Donor

Ratings:
    +211 / 39
    Pat , get a tan and buy an suv or 4wd and you will be able to park wherever you want , no probs. :D

10. OP
    OP
    shadow

shadow DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +39 / 0
    Very few natives, including those who would benefit from a service dog, have any clue what a huge difference in quality of life a well trained dog can be to a disabled person. They think Fido should be kept in a 3 foot square cage or chained to the gate on a two foot chain, "for appearances". Until a few in power start using service dogs, or they become part of the sopa operas, it is unlikely to change on it's own. I applaud Mark for his efforts.