Dumaguete Info Search

Robinson's Escalators

Discussion in 'Dumaguete City' started by Lorraine, Dec 21, 2016.

1. Edward K

Edward K DI Senior Member Veteran Navy

Ratings:
    +995 / 82
    If they turn water off to conserve, i would not be surprised if Dustin wasn't right and they turn off escalators to conserve electricity. And in these here provinces, how many times does "out of stock" really mean "out of stock." Sadly, that is sooooo cynical, and i'm trying to leave that part of my life back in the US.

I do hope they fix them soon, they always seemed to work up until the Christmas season. And, Lorraine, the elevators always work, they are fast, and they actually have operators. Anybody else remember the old department stores in the US with elevator operators ?? (don't anybody answer that)...

• Informative Informative x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  2. Bubba storm

Bubba storm DI Junior Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    I use a cane and some times my walker. Not only do the escalators don't work at times but the elevator. And what is the point of having a escalator working going up but not going down. Sometimes they have it working going down but up one is not working.

3. TheDude

TheDude DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster

Ratings:
    +1,465 / 822
    You'll have to locate the reverse button for when you need to escape the top floor. Be sure to check the escalator outside the movie area. That one often only goes one direction as well. But maybe someone has thought to have one of them going in one direction and another going in the other direction.

4. Edward K

Edward K DI Senior Member Veteran Navy

Ratings:
    +995 / 82
    Was at Robinsons yesterday (saturday 5/4/2019) and the FOUR MAIN escalators were out. Didn't check the ones in the far east corner or the outside ones. To be generous, Dustin may be right about saving energy, today is the hottest it's been in two years (maybe one degree less). I'm also cynical enough to think the owners are too cheap and trying to save money. Interesting that the first complaint was 2016, in december not may...

I no longer buy load at galleon, i shop at CitiHardware instead of Handyman, and i no longer browse Robinson's appliances, and have given up checking the movie schedule and asking Smart or PLDT questions. The only time i go to Noreco robinsons instead of Noreco Rovira Road is if im paying my bil on saturday. So i hope the store owners upstairs read this and check their lease contract. PS i get haircuts upstairs ONLY cuz i've gone there for two years.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. TheDude

Ratings:
    +1,465 / 822
    I bet "escalator technician" is a good paying job even in the Philippines. There may be a shortage of workers on top of lead-time for parts.

6. Obliged Friend

Obliged Friend DI Forum Adept Veteran Army

Ratings:
    +288 / 77
    Blood Type:
    O-
  7. TheDude

Ratings:
    +1,465 / 822
    • Funny Funny x 2
  8. Obliged Friend

Obliged Friend DI Forum Adept Veteran Army

Ratings:
    +288 / 77
    Blood Type:
    O-
  9. TheDude

Ratings:
    +1,465 / 822
    TheDude
    This message by TheDude has been hidden. This message may be off-topic or have violated forum rules. (Show message)
    • Funny Funny x 3
    • Abhorrent! Abhorrent! x 1
  10. Happy Camper

Happy Camper DI Senior Member Restricted Account Infamous Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +1,395 / 180
    Blood Type:
    O+
    The problem has been going on for quite some time. I thought it might have been tied to the escalators on the same system that they are wiring the new areas with and therefore have to turn off the power.

Then again it could be Robinson's way of telling people to get some exercise.

I have found the escalators in the Department Store to be working every time I have gone there though. But I don't go there that much.

• Informative Informative x 1