Dumaguete Info Search

Food & Grocery Robinson's Grocery Store has Anti - Foreigner Day

Discussion in 'Businesses - Services - Products' started by Dave_Hounddriver, Apr 13, 2018.

1. OzeMike

OzeMike DI Forum Adept

Retired
    Ratings:
    +621 / 46
    Blood Type:
    O+
    Didn't realize there was a PNB in Robinsons Mall must search it out

2. OzeMike

OzeMike DI Forum Adept

Retired
    Ratings:
    +621 / 46
    Blood Type:
    O+
    You look so young Dave it's a compliment really:2rofl:

• Funny Funny x 1
  3. MikeP64

MikeP64 DI Forum Adept Veteran Marines

Ratings:
    +247 / 138
    Anti-foreigner days not just for long noses. Asawa says she received the same treatment last time she was home in 2016. The cashier thought she was Chinese until she started talking Bisyan. When she excitedly told me about it I used one of her favorite phrases against her. "Don't be so high blood"

• Funny Funny x 3
  4. Jack Peterson

Jack Peterson DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Air Force

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,210 / 1,086
    Mike it is not Actually in the Mall but out on the Road that goes back to Town toward City Hardware, it is on the Right hand side not far from the Junction.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  5. ChMacQueen

ChMacQueen DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Army

Ratings:
    +1,386 / 173

1. There are *basket only* lines and then normal lines. I went in a normal line that did NOT have a sign that said cart only but that is how the cashier reacted.
    2. I am actually disabled and have a hard time standing for longer periods due to back and ankle issues. However my VA card means nothing to them.
    3. No one else cares about premier cards and when I do have one when shopping with my fiancee they do NOT remove non premier card holders from the line.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Liverpool fan

Liverpool fan DI Senior Member Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +1,094 / 279
    Blood Type:
    O+
    We are many times not treated equally here, part of life in the Philippines. Good people, bad people in all countries. I know what you talk about, I broke my hips and other body parts in bike accident, no one carries. I pick where to go that time, at first wheelchair then use a stick, in Robinson and Hypermart easy access and early 9-10 am few customers. From time to time, I still ask my self if I live in the right country, honestly, I like it here, but I live in other countries before and will not have a problem to leave Philippines if "situation" goes in a direction I don't like. Many things I don't like here, but it doesn't affect my daily life, because I don't put my focus on the negative side of life, even I still hold my self-updated about what going on here in the Philippines.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. OzeMike

OzeMike DI Forum Adept

Retired
    Ratings:
    +621 / 46
    Blood Type:
    O+
    Thanks Jack is there a decent amount of parking spaces there? Or is it the usual put the hazard lights on and pray for no parking ticket!

8. Jack Peterson

Jack Peterson DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Air Force

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,210 / 1,086
    Not really but there are one or two normally empty, If just using the ATM I guess all ok but if you need to go in then we Park in Robinsons and walk across

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. OP
    OP
    Dave_Hounddriver

Dave_Hounddriver DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster

Ratings:
    +2,502 / 1,061
    Please correct me if this is wrong but I think these pics describe it?
    PNB.jpg PNB is circled on left. On this Pic > is how to park n walk Park.jpg
    I believe you can click the pics to make them larger.

• Like Like x 2
  10. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    Makes sense to me. "Only" has a different meaning in the Philippines. Baskets are "only" supposed to use the line that says baskets only....not any other line.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1