Dumaguete Info Search

Bohol RORO from Dumaguete to Tagbilaran/Bohol?

Discussion in 'Surrounding Areas' started by blahblurb, Apr 17, 2013.

1. highway_61

highway_61 DI Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    huh? 'Risk?' What 'risk?' It's a roro right? Which means you just drive it on and park it. Not like other boats where the bike has to be rolled up or down a plank on to the vessel. That's when you really are a bit concerned it might end up in the water.

I was considering taking a bike from Larena , Siquijor to Tagbilaran but eventually decided to go to Plaridel in Mindanao instead. The price for a motorbike was about 700. When you are at the office enquiring always say MOTOR or MOTORbike, not just 'bike'. They think that you mean a pedal cycle if you say bike and you think wow, that's cheap. It's only 200 to take a pedal cycle from Larena to Tagbilaran.

2. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    I believe in that post I was referring to a fast craft and not a RORO. That meant either a plank of wood or a bunch of filipino picking up my motorcycle and putting it on the boat.

3. highway_61

highway_61 DI Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    the only reason I don't like those boats for bikes is the expense as the guys think they are entitled to a tip for doing this when they are not at all. There is actually a fixed fee you are supposed to pay for this, at least in Siquijor port when you take a non ro-ro boat over there. But make no mistake they are perfectly able to get a bike on and off those boats safely. The fee was like 50 pesos in Siquijor. You have to go to the office, and give them 50 pesos for the porter's fee on arrival. Also it is only because you are there, that they think to ask for a tip at all. Once I returned a bike I had borrowed from somebody in Villaba Leyte, at the Bogo port where there is a pumpboat that goes between the two places. I just paid the company the fee they wanted to get it on the boat, where my friend could pick it up at the other side. I wasn't even there when the porters got it on board. I knew I didn't need to be. I'd already paid for them to do this and I didn't need to be there when they did it.