Dumaguete Info Search

running a restaurant /fastfood business in Dumaguete

Discussion in 'Dumaguete City' started by minime, Nov 17, 2011.

1. garbonzo

garbonzo DI Senior Member Veteran Marines

Retired
    Ratings:
    +68 / 1
    Tomcat is right....I've had successful businessmen relatives tell me never ever start a business in the Philippines...and they would know. Told to just relax and enjoy - which suits me...That said, living in Iran I suppose you don't have the luxury of a pension from employment or the government. For what little it's worth I have noticed that shwarma stands in Manila do a reasonable and consistent amount of business. Not sure how, or even if, shwarma's taste in Iran...but yes a small stand/shopfront just might work in Dumaguete. Have the shwarmas, maybe french fries/chips, bread, pickles, salad bits, drinks - all in a compact area without the restaurant overheads or investment. Might work. In Manila it's driven a lot from OFW's who have returned from the Middle East and liked some of the food. Whether Dumaguete has that customer base, and the odd expat who likes it too....I don't know. I seem to recall there being a Persian restaurant some time back....or perhaps still....maybe I'm wrong and thinking of somewhere else.

2. Bebasguy

Bebasguy DI Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    I beg to disagree. A good franchise is a PROVEN system. I owned multiple franchised stores in the States and made boat loads of money. But competition is fierce as hell, so it's still no slam dunk.

3. tomcat

tomcat DI Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Bebasguy, i think u missed my point, i am very happy you made a boat load of bucks in the good old USA, now come to Duma and enjoy it. Business in the USA and the Philippines is vastly different. If you are willing to work 18 hours and day and watch every Piso that crosses the counter u may have a slim chance but if you dont you will find that that Piso grows legs and slips through your managers, employees, friends, relatives, etc fingers like white sand on the beach in Boracay. You want to make a small fortune in business in the Phils, start with a large one!!! Good luck TOMCAT

4. ViperACR

ViperACR DI Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    There is a small shwarma stand behind Montery steak. They sell it cheaper than the mall-dont know how well they do.

5. Rhoody

Rhoody DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +38 / 0

Attached Files: