Dumaguete Info Search

Sad News to be aware off.

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Forum' started by Firefly44, Feb 15, 2011.

1. Broadside

Broadside DI Forum Patron

Ratings:
    +16 / 1
    I sincerely hope, for this mans' sake, that the Norwegian Embassy are giving him all the consular assistance that they can, unlike the British Embassy, who don't seem to give a fiddlers flick for Kevin Taylor, held without trial in Manila and now with failing health and diminishing eyesight.

2. Brucewayne

Brucewayne DI Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    You know, a lot of things strike me as odd in this whole story.
    A couple of things really stick out though.
    If my daughter were 6 years old, she would not be walking home from school without my wife or myself unless it were next door to my house and on the same side of the street, period.
    Also, why did the Father change his story about the time the girl was picked up (did I read that right?)?
    I think maybe someone ought to check into the Father's alibi as to where he was and what he was really doing.
    I know, it sounds crude, but really, it happens a lot that a relative or close friend is more likely to commit such crimes over a stranger doing so in many cases.

Another thing strikes me as odd, why would the person or persons wrap the body in a sheet and tie it?
    I would think that if the girl were killed by someone in a vehicle, the murder would have happened at or near the site her body was dumped.
    I mean, wouldn't a person most likely only wrap and tie a body in a sheet if they were transporting it through an area that someone might see the body?
    If the girl were killed in a remote area, she would likely have been left as is and maybe thrown off a cliff to make her a bit harder to find.
    Why waste precious time wrapping a body nobody would likely find before you were out of the area.
    Does anyone know if the school has been contacted to verify that the girl actually made it back to school after lunch?
    Or if she was even present that day?
    Does anyone have a link to the autopsy report yet?

Another thing to think about, why an extension chord?
    Normally those are only used if a person is killed and tied in a house of some kind.
    From what I have read, most serial killers carry duct tape as their first choice for tying victims up and the second choice would be rope.
    I say the child was killed in a building, most likely a home and moved to where she was found.
    Anyone care to elaborate on that?

Autopsy report on slain 6-year-old girl out - Yahoo! Philippines News
    Reading this autopsy report, or what little there is of it, one could incur that the girl was being held by the arm while being struck in the mouth, much the same way some parents will do when punishing a child for making smart remark or saying something very upsetting.
    I still say that the Father should be looked at and I doubt very seriously that the impressive child "witnesses" actually saw anything.
    In fact, I doubt that they saw their classmate after lunch at all.

3. Happy She & Me

Happy She & Me DI Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Where is the girls mother?

Is the girls mother a round? If not, did she lose custody of her own child?
    If she is not around any longer, who is she in company with? If she no longer live with the child and husband, could it be possible that she is together with a foreigner? and so on.......

Mother and boyfriend picking up girl and than take her home. Girls says something nice about the mother and the new man and father lose temper and goes crazy..... can he be the perpetrator?????

Or is it the mother and boyfriend who did it??????

So many variables here...... but the all have to be analyzed..... most killings like this is often close to the family or in the family.... who knows?????

I would like to know about the girls mother, if anybody knows.

Benjamin

PS. Doesn't look like she was killed in a car or somewhere outside..... more like in a home the way she was rapped. Reason for rapping was transportation to the place where she was found.
    If the killing was planned it is possible that the perpetrator had the rappings and a extension cord in the car, but only if it was planned, in my opinion.

4. Brucewayne

Brucewayne DI Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    I don't recall any mention of the Mother anywhere.
    Also, I see that some accounts say the girl was tied with a gray chord, or rope, while others are saying it was an extension chord.
    Does anyone know which it was?

5. Happy She & Me

Happy She & Me DI Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    The impact causes her brain to bleed," said Sator.

Ellah, 6, was last seen around 4 p.m. Tuesday waving goodbye to two friends and classmates at the Calajo-an Elementary School in Minglanilla town, as she boarded a black sports utility vehicle, joining a Caucasian man who drove it and a Filipino woman on the passenger seat.

At 7:55 a.m. Thursday, her naked body was found at the foot of a cliff along the national road in Barangay Sayaw, Barili, more than 40 kilometers away from home.

Ellah's body was tightly wrapped, along with three rocks, in two cream-colored blankets. Gray cables snaked around the tiny bundle.

The discovery ended a frantic search by her father Renante, 40, who began looking for Ellah at 5 p.m. Tuesday when she failed to come home from the Calajo-an Elementary School in Minglanilla town

Again......Who is the mother and where is she??????
    I also would like to know why the girl was undressed????

Benjamin

I hear that the Governor and some others do not belive that the Norwegian man and his fiance has anything to do with the killing of Ellah. There is no case.... just an incompetent prosecutor. What I don't understand is why the Defense lawyer withdraw the petition for bail...while they now are looking for other suspects? Do you know?

Benjamin

6. Brucewayne

Brucewayne DI Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    The attorney felt that a bail proceeding would hamper his request for immediate release.
    The release request failed and from what I understand, bail had to be asked for in a short period of time and is now not an option (again, this is just what I read somewhere).
    Makes no sense to me, but I do understand that one order at a time must be dealt with, or things will bog down.

A six year old child, walking home from school alone, no parent to meet her and the Father didn't bother to start looking for her until a full hour after school let out?
    What kind of parent did this poor girl have?

7. Happy She & Me

Happy She & Me DI Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0

My heart is filled with pain,” said Ligaya, Ellah Joy’s mother.

Mother found when I read about the funeral!

I hope they find the people who did this..... at the moment all are victims in this case...Very Sad!

Benjamin, father of 3 children.

Attached Files:

8. Brucewayne

Brucewayne DI Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    Agreed, if only a person really knew where to look, things would be much simpler.
    There would be no trial, just closure if it were my child.

9. Jack Peterson

Jack Peterson DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Air Force

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,222 / 1,090
    Negros Newspapers!

This is a sad Story and I guess it will go on for a long time to Come. What escapes me, is why has it not appeared in any of our Local papers? (If it has then the whole of my family have missed it) Maybe Kojak can enlighten us. Sorry Kojak, to hit you between the eyes with this but from the little I know of you my friend, this is something that will abhor you too (Child Abduction and Result) Can you shed any light on the reason for the story not to have broken here, I presume you still write your column, if not, then I apologize for this post!

A Sad jack P. :(

10. Brucewayne

Brucewayne DI Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    I live here in Cebu and it is harder to find updates on this story even here.
    I guess the media feels the story is growing stale.
    Anything in the papers seems to be edging further from the front page and deeper into the middle or back of the newspapers.
    People here seem to have already let it slip their minds too.
    I asked a local friend a question about the girl only yesterday and had to remind him what had happened before he remembered and the case is what, about two weeks old now?