Dumaguete Info Search

Sad News to be aware off.

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Forum' started by Firefly44, Feb 15, 2011.

1. Kojak

Kojak DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +47 / 2
    Still checking with the newspaper ..... Ely said it was a "publicity stunt".....????? Hard for me to believe.....how could anyone benefit from a screw-up like that
    Wonder if the foreigner can sue??? They could in America..... both the individual and the state

2. KTM

KTM DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +204 / 69
    Simply seems like another case of never-ending incompetence and greed (for the P100,000 reward money), by "our boys in blue", nothing more than norm here. Can't say I'm surprised in the least, Sherlock.:rolleyes:

3. Kojak

Kojak DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +47 / 2
    Find it interesting that if a crime involves a foreigner.....it is headline news.....while the same crime without a foreigner is ignored

The famous "rape" case involving the Marine..... failed to mention an average 7 Filipinas are raped there each week by Filipinos.....and the authorities suspect ten more rapes go unreported.....

Wonder how those seven other rape victims felt being ignored.....

not condoning rape by any means..... just would like equal treatment.....equal justice......

this magnified coverage of so called "foreigner" crimes makes the rest of us foreigner who commit no crimes....look bad just because we are "foreigners"
    AND it increases Filipino hostility toward us......

4. shadow

shadow DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +39 / 0

The really bad part is their greed (which they did not profit from) has now destroyed the credibility of the witnesses and now the case will die. Chances are their jacking around with the Norwegian for 3 weeks has given the REAL perpetrator plenty of opportunity to get away without a trace. This case will likely go nowhere from here.

Larry

5. OP
    OP
    Firefly44

Firefly44 DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +71 / 4
  6. shadow

shadow DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +39 / 0
    Unfortunately there seems to be many inconsistencies showing already. Black vs. blue, license #, and all these "new" witnesses just suddenly appeared? After a month? Where were they a month ago, when Berger and company were in jail?

Curiosity has me wondering what the new "composite sketches" look like?

Larry

7. Brucewayne

Brucewayne DI Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    I read it, but am not buying it for a minute.
    I still feel that the pimp who came forward (pimps turn their heads so they don't see anything to avoid talking to the law) may have arranged disposal of the body.
    After all, he is an acquaintance of the girl's father.

8. fallenviking

fallenviking Ring Ring. Who's calling?

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Going home

Hello again, Berger and his fiancee has left Cebu. Wednesday 05.45 AM
    We are so happy to get out of here says Berger. I am planning maybe to sue the responsible persons for my false arrest. Well good luck Mr. Berger, welcome home.

Attached Files:

9. Kojak

Kojak DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +47 / 2
    I am VERY happy this turned out well.... it never should have happened.... I give my applause to the governor who stood tall in this messy affair....

I encourage Mr Berger to file that lawsuit..... even if it is not successful it will stand as a warning that we are not easy prey .....maybe it will stop future victims of injustice..... prejudice; no matter who the target .....is intolerable

10. mntnwolf

mntnwolf DI Member

university professor
    Ratings:
    +110 / 10
    Yes, they must both sue! it's the only way to put the police on-notice that this exceedingly poor and ill-intentioned job-performance will not be tolerated.

I hope they will eventually be able to identify & capture the real killer(s)!