Dumaguete Info Search

San Francisco Food

Discussion in 'Dining - Nightlife - Entertainment' started by Sedona, Apr 1, 2018.

1. Dave_Hounddriver

Dave_Hounddriver DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster

Ratings:
    +2,502 / 1,061
    Something tells me that you have not been to the Atmosphere Resort and paid the high prices that you accuse others of not paying. I can't afford it either but the tripadvisor reviews give it 5 stars so its not that good food is not available, its that it is available at first world prices and we expats don't want to pay that.

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. Liverpool fan

Liverpool fan DI Senior Member Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +1,094 / 279
    Blood Type:
    O+
    Looks nice, know the place, however never been a guest there. For sure their guests are tourists, I do not think that it's local expats who make the business goes around. I'm just an ordinary guy but for sure will visit there. You need to make a reservation, that their priority is guests who stay at the resort. One of the advantages of living in the Philippines is the price level. Rooms rate 250 $ is high end here, but just enough to pay a good standard room in Europe. Can't find food prices but again the difference between what you get for your money here in the Philippines and the west is huge. Here I can afford to go places like Atmosphere on special occasions, I'm willing to pay 1-200$ for 2 persons if food is great, but will only do that in gf birthday or if I have guest from Europe

3. Dave_Hounddriver

Ratings:
    +2,502 / 1,061
    Report back and let us know. I have not been in the place but a while back the manageress was a British lady and she is fabulous (this coming from her mother who I met on the plane after she came for a visit). I keep meaning to get in there and say hello but I'm really not a resort kind of person. I actually like the food in most Dumaguete restaurants. Its cheap, plentiful, tastes fine to me, and fills the stomach.

• Like Like x 3
  4. Liverpool fan

Liverpool fan DI Senior Member Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +1,094 / 279
    Blood Type:
    O+
    I'm not that kind of person who visits the resorts often and not sure I will find it the money worth. I agree with you about restaurants in Dumaguete, but would sometimes like something special, like great Thai food, good quality seafood restaurants. Just been in Siquijor a few days, get grilled fish in a very simple and cheap place, but the taste was just wow, and we go there every day, 3-400 peso for a fish good for 2 persons, of course, you can add chicken wings or other items you like. I saw the fish was delivered and then pick what I want

5. Dave_Hounddriver

Ratings:
    +2,502 / 1,061
    You will be pleased to know that they are not closed. Same location. Same menu. Same prices. They just did a little renovation and downsizing and I think there is one day of the week they are closed but I forgot to ask which one. I was just in there tonight and the food is as good as it always was.
    Flaming Grill.jpg

• Informative Informative x 1
  6. ChMacQueen

ChMacQueen DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Army

Ratings:
    +1,386 / 173
    That is interesting to know. The owner closed it up as was bored with running it. They had plans to lease out the space but the person backed out at the last minute. It sat for many months for rent. I guess they got tired of not finding someone to rent the space and had enough comments of people who enjoyed it to renovate and re-open. I'll have to take a look very soon again.

7. Notmyrealname

Notmyrealname DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +5,588 / 2,888
    But what about the other favourite British foods?:
    (1. Fish and chips ... as you said)
    2. Roast dinner with Yorkshire pudding
    3. Full English breakfast
    4. Bacon butties
    5. Apple crumble
    6. Strawberries and cream
    7. Bangers and mash
    8. Cream tea
    9. Shepherd's pie
    10. Crumpets
    11. Ham, egg and chips
    12. Sausage rolls
    13. Cornish ice cream
    14. Baked beans
    15. Victoria sponge
    16. Toad in the hole
    17. Sticky toffee pudding and custard
    18. Cornish pasty
    19. Steak and kidney pie
    20. Pork pie

Bet your mouth is watering now :smile:

• Like Like x 3
  8. Notmyrealname

Ratings:
    +5,588 / 2,888
    Ok, spill the beans please.

9. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    Most of that is not unique to the UK. You can't just give common meals a funny sounding name and say it is your cuisine.

I mean, what is roast "dinner" anyways? Pork, beef, chicken? Don't think the British invented "roasting" either?

Canned baked beans? That was invented and popularized in the US. (Your welcome.:wink:)

Toad in a hole? I have to Google that.......ummm, ok. What do toads have to do with that. Also, I believe I have been getting confused on what Brits consider "pudding". Looking at the ingredients it looks to be very simple batter. Here I was thinking you guys were putting pudding (the dessert kind) on things that should be savory this whole time.

• Funny Funny x 1
  10. Notmyrealname

Ratings:
    +5,588 / 2,888
    I just wanted to get you worked up. :smile:

• Like Like x 1