Dumaguete Info Search

San Francisco Food

Discussion in 'Dining - Nightlife - Entertainment' started by Sedona, Apr 1, 2018.

1. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+

Seems legit.

• Genius Genius x 1
  2. Notmyrealname

Notmyrealname DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +5,600 / 2,889
    I am aware you know Dumaguete well, but just to point out that Digestive biscuits can be found locally - also tea. I can see you have developed a hankering for all things British.

Try this: Get a slice of bread (white preferably, but I do not say that for unkind reasons) and layer it with jam (strawberry is best but blackcurrant or blackberry may suit your advanced taste buds) - then the 'coup de grace', liberally squeeze a large dollop of cream on top and ENJOY! A 'nice cup of tea' is not essential, but gives a feel of authenticity.

• Funny Funny x 1
  3. birdwatch

birdwatch DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +308 / 188
    Blood Type:
    A+
    It would be interesting to know how the expats who got there twenty years ago felt about the bread.

4. Dave_Hounddriver

Dave_Hounddriver DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster

Ratings:
    +2,502 / 1,061
    I believe you spelt that wrong. It is common knowledge what the expats who got here twenty years ago felt about getting bred. :angelic: :tongue: :devilish:

• Funny Funny x 2
  5. Edward K

Edward K DI Senior Member Veteran Navy

Ratings:
    +996 / 82
    Dustin; Maybe i missed the joke, but it's "Roast Beef and Yorkshire Pudding." semi-interesting. Heard about a dinner party in SF with guest James Beard, where the host served RB and Yorkshire (brave soul).

Maybe somebody can tell me where in Dumaguete you can get REAL roast prime of beef, cut from a real roast, only the edges cooked and inside pink, or maybe "wipe it's @ss and cut off it's tail RED" although that's a bit rare for even me .....

And atmosphere is great once a year, salaya three or four times a year...excellent food both...

PS The Tikka Masala at Kri is pretty good

• Informative Informative x 1
  6. jimeve

jimeve DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Army

retired.
    Ratings:
    +1,856 / 1,026
    Blood Type:
    A+
    I miss my Indian food, Best of British National dish :biggrin:

• Like Like x 1
  7. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    It was written as "Roast Dinner". There are lots of things you can roast. The word "roast" does not exclusively apply to beef. If I just saw "roast" on a menu my first question will always be "roast what?"

I've never heard of "fake" roast beef. It was either beef that has been roasted or it wasn't.

Doesn't properly roasting beef take around an hour? I wouldn't think that it would be a common thing to find in restaurants in a country that prefers pork and chicken...outside of special events. If you are really craving it it might be best to do it yourself. When your preferred tastes are in the minority sometimes you have to take things into your own hands.

Perfect Roast Beef | Beef Recipe | Jamie Oliver Recipes

• Agree Agree x 2