Dumaguete Info Search

Sandwich to Die For

Discussion in 'Dining - Nightlife - Entertainment' started by PatO, Sep 13, 2015.

1. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    Pulled pork is a method of cooking pork where what would otherwise be a tough cut of meat is married cooked slowly at low temperatures, allowing the meat to become tender enough so that it can be "pulled", or easily broken into individual pieces. http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pulled_pork

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. Turbota

Turbota DI Member

Retired Military Pilot / Fed Civil Service
    Ratings:
    +107 / 18
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Turbota

Turbota DI Member

Retired Military Pilot / Fed Civil Service
    Ratings:
    +107 / 18
    You can make very good pulled pork BBQ sandwiches right here in the Philippines (even though you can't buy hardwood such as oak to slow cook and smoke the pork over).

1. Get a nice sized chunk of pork at the grocery store that don't have too much fat on it

2. Cut it into some 4" x 4" pieces

3. Oil it down with vegetable oil, then apply black pepper, salt and red pepper flakes

4. Cook the pork pieces over the local charcoal you buy here until almost done

5. Put the cooked meat into a crock-pot or just a medium sized pot with a little water ... cover with a lid

6. Let this steam (very slow boil) for about 4 hours ... Add a little water as needed so the pot don't go dry

7. When you can just shred the pork with a fork, remove the extra water and continue shredding all of it

8. Mix in Hunts BBQ sauce to your liking (you can buy the Hunts BBQ sauce in a plastic bottle at the Lee Plaza grocery store)

9. Pile your shredded (pulled) pork BBQ onto a good hamburger bun ........ Enjoy !

Note: Goes best with massive quantities of San Miguel beer

• Like Like x 4
    • Informative Informative x 1
  4. Jack Peterson

Jack Peterson DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Air Force

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,207 / 1,082
    Saw it :thumbsup: that was the first thing to make me hungry followed by the Chicken Curry. Both saved for here indoors to create or........................:sneaky:

JP :blackeye: (if I say any more and she reads it tonight) :roflmao:
    [DOUBLEPOST=1442305160,1442304964][/DOUBLEPOST]@PatO
    Pat! You sure know how to get us all going with your Topics on Food, as simple, as this one is :thumbsup:

Jack :wink:

• Like Like x 2
  5. OP
    OP
    PatO

PatO DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Marines

Ratings:
    +4,532 / 1,016
    I can't get the sandwiches I crave so yesterday I went back to the old fashion way. Wheat bread, Smuckers strawberry preserves and Skippy peanut butter. Not bad if you are not picky.

• Like Like x 4
  6. BobBski

BobBski DI Member Showcase Reviewer

Retired
    Ratings:
    +46 / 3
    Blood Type:
    O+
    Smuckers and Skippy in the PI?? Western food at it's best :smile:. Makes me a happy camper.

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  7. Jack Peterson

Jack Peterson DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Air Force

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,207 / 1,082
    I know it is not a Sandwich but served with Bread and Butter, this would go down a treat just now,
    [​IMG]

Courtesy of Alex's page, cheers mate:thumbsup:

JP:hungry: :drool:

• Like Like x 6
  8. Pigbelk007

Pigbelk007 DI Junior Member Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +28 / 4
    Blood Type:
    O+
    Lobster Salad Sandwich anyone?

• Like Like x 1
  9. Crystalhead

Crystalhead ADMIN Admin ★ Forum Moderator ★ ★ Global Mod ★ ★ Moderator ★ ★★ Forum Sponsor ★★ ★ No Ads ★ Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Army

retired
    Ratings:
    +1,977 / 1,087
    For me it's a Denver sandwich, good to eat at any mealtime. Eggs. green onion,bacon and swiss cheese on fresh toasted white bread, salt & pepper.
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  10. DavyL200

DavyL200 DI Forum Luminary ★ Global Mod ★ ★ Moderator ★ Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +5,126 / 466
    The French resto on the highway in bacong makes a good sarnie in a wholemeal roll with chicken pate and salad. Had them a few of them and always fresh and well made.

• Like Like x 3