Dumaguete Info Search

Scientists weigh life

Discussion in 'Science and Technology' started by Rye83, Oct 27, 2017.

1. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+

• Like Like x 3
  2. Sedona

Sedona DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +673 / 102
    Very interesting. There is a growing number of proponents of the belief that the entire universe is a conscious thing, and just like the three primary quantum fields that give rise to the electron, up quark, and down quark that are the constituent building blocks of all matter, there also exists a universal field of proto consciousness. There are models for how the quantum processes that take place in living cells provide a channel through which Planck scale quanta of the universal consciousness field can manifest into living cells. It has even been suggested that consciousness should be considered to be a state of matter. This experiment may actually be detecting the weight of consciousness.

3. Brian Oinks

Brian Oinks That's Mr. Pig to you Boy! :) Highly Rated Poster

Negros Oriental - Near to Zamboanguita ;)
    Ratings:
    +1,535 / 727
    Blood Type:
    A+
    I have been measuring life for the past 57 years, I have to say I am very disappointed with the results... :o o:

• Funny Funny x 6
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Dave_Hounddriver

Dave_Hounddriver DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster

Ratings:
    +2,502 / 1,061
  5. djfinn6230

djfinn6230 DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +953 / 117
    Blood Type:
    B+
    Starting with the famous quantum double slit experiment which shows that presence of a conscious observer will collapse the probability field of light from being both a mass particle and a wave, to just a wave, we know that the conscious mind affects matter at the quantum level. When humankind develops a full understanding of consciousness, which may be a 5th dimension independent of time and space, we will have a new physics that include both matter and mind which will put the rest many of our concerns and many of our old beliefs today that hold us back from advancement. We are not separate from other conscious beings, we are of the same universal mind. We can accomplish new interrelated phenomena such as faster than light travel, antigravity and much much more. I reference Tom DeLongs To The Stars Academy and their mission. Sedona, this is a very intelligent and insightful post, something you rarely see on forums and I was surprised to see it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 2