Dumaguete Info Search

Best Posts in Thread: Seattle VA Hospital

1. Notmyrealname

Notmyrealname DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +5,588 / 2,888
    I am not really involved in this - I am one of the lucky ones who never had to fight in any conflict. But I am very respectful and grateful to those who did, some voluntarily and some not. I am here now, a free man, due to others. Peace to you all and the best for your lives.

• Like Like x 3
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. grandpainak

grandpainak DI Forum Patron Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +700 / 163
    FORGIVE ME I MEAN NO HARM IN THIS POST. I just had a funny bone moment.

I said,
    Just keep in mind that you are dealing with the U.S. Government.

What is wrong with me cautioning anyone about the evals of the US Boogerment. (Name changed to protect the guilty).

I've never had any issues dealing with the VA or USG.
    Thin you are very fortunate.

As long as you understand the requirements/paperwork and the bureaucracy it is quite easy to deal with.
    You forgot "Lick their boots"

Most (but probably not all) people I have met that have had "problems" with the VA are going in without knowing a d*mn thing about what they need to achieve their goals.
    I have you know that I have been dealing with the V.A. sense my first rating in August 1978. I have been well schooled in their eval ways in the past 41 years. Ya sure you say, (but probably not all).

The last time someone ask me when I was in Viet Nam, please note the spelling. I honestly said, "all F@cking day!"

Do not take this wrong we both have the right to agree to disagree. When you have been dealing with the V.A. for 41 years please look me up and we can compare notes.

Also, if you go in with a negative and/or aggressive attitude you shouldn't be surprised that nobody is going to be willing to help you out and point you in the right direction if you are lost in the sauce.
    I guess I have been going to all the wrong V.A. facilities, because I have NEVER seen a vet with a negative and/or aggressive attitude get brushed to the side because of their sh*t attitudes. I have seen quite a few of them but all the ones I have witnessed got the same treatment as the rest of the Vets that day. I do not believe the V.A. staff are trained to brush aside any Vets for ANY REASON.

I have seen a lot of people get brushed to the side because of their sh*t attitudes,
    PEOPLE you say PEOPLE? I thought this tread was about the Puget Sound V.A. Hospital and V.A. Entitlements and NOT benefits.

then I go up to the desk, apologize for the previous a-hole's bad attitude and politely ask for help and the person at the desk is more than happy to help.
    You really want me to believe that? I'm sorry but the last I saw you, you did not have wings growing on your back or pined to your chest. If you were standing in the "a-hole's and bad attitude's line", I would suggest you move to the line where the JUMP WINGS and FLIGHT WINGS are pined over the left chest pocket.

People that can't show even the most basic of level of respect and patience when things don't go immediately their way don't deserve any help (or even a disability rating) at all.
    OMG you really thing that a disability rating is DESERVED or NOT DESERVED? Well I have you know that I do Not DESERVED my rating. I EARNED it for being a bleeding target for good old Uncle Sam. I also glad the Vietnamese were p*ss poor shots. Close only counts in horse shoes, hand grenades and bombs.

The chances that things have not changed in the last 15 years are slim to none. You likely wouldn't even recognize the building after that amount of time.
    I just went to Puget Sound V.A. Hospital's web site and the drive up to the front door looks the same as it did the last time I was there and YES I did recognize the building after all that time.

Just incase you might be wondering why I feel this way;
    I still have an original type written copy of my CIB orders from
    C/2/7 Cav. First Cav. Div. Dated 14 Sept. 1966.
    I also have 3 (I say three) honorable discharges from the US Army. Five flight metals (wings) and Jump wings. You see I too have wings but they were pined on my chest.

Just because I do not trust the US government dose Not mean that I am anti American. It just might mean that after 72 years as a born American I have learned to treat the US Government the same as I would a poisonous snake. With a LOT of respect and do caution.

Please do not thank me for my service. I was paid for the killing I did. It is also 52 years too late. My service to the US didn't make me angry or mean it did make me wiser and that is no BUD.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    I've never had any issues dealing with the VA or USG. As long as you understand the requirements/paperwork and the bureaucracy it is quite easy to deal with. Most (but probably not all) people I have met that have had "problems" with the VA are going in without knowing a d*mn thing about what they need to achieve their goals.

Also, if you go in with a negative and/or aggressive attitude you shouldn't be surprised that nobody is going to be willing to help you out and point you in the right direction if you are lost in the sauce. I have seen a lot of people get brushed to the side because of their sh*t attitudes, then I go up to the desk, apologize for the previous a-hole's bad attitude and politely ask for help and the person at the desk is more than happy to help. People that can't show even the most basic of level of respect and patience when things don't go immediately their way don't deserve any help (or even a disability rating) at all.
    :meh: The chances that things have not changed in the last 15 years are slim to none. You likely wouldn't even recognize the building after that amount of time.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1