Dumaguete Info Search

Seems like bacolod are getting their act together

Discussion in 'News and Weather' started by DavyL200, Mar 28, 2017.

1. anti_crazy

anti_crazy DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +262 / 48
    Yup. I logged on just to give you an 'agree' click. The helmet law won't fix stupid. It will just make them more aggressive with that false sense of security. I can see the need for helmets for highway travel, say above 40km speed. But in the city, with all the bikes buzzing around you - having your ears uncovered would help IMHO. Maybe, modify the law to alow a helmet design = ears uncovered?

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. anti_crazy

anti_crazy DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +262 / 48
    Oh and, I seldom ride at night - mainly due to the fools riding without lights.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Notmyrealname

Notmyrealname DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +5,588 / 2,888
    So if you, or your loved ones, have a serious illness due to a faulty organ system (e.g heart defect), are you willing to die rather than go against evolution? Because evolution would weed you out as not being the fittest.

4. Brian Oinks

Brian Oinks That's Mr. Pig to you Boy! :) Highly Rated Poster

Negros Oriental - Near to Zamboanguita ;)
    Ratings:
    +1,535 / 727
    Blood Type:
    A+
    I am sure what he means is self inflicted stupidity is a long throw from an illness one acquires through no fault of their own... Self inflicted and accidental are two different things which people are aiming at here (I think?) :o o:

My Brother In-Law was hit last night whilst driving his hired Tricycle, he received a severe laceration to his head and bruising while the passenger was thrown from the Tricycle, the VERY YOUNG Filipino Driver of the Car wasted no time in calling friends to back him up, and BIL was getting very worried as an angry crowd gathered, but drunk is drunk and he (driver of the Car) was charged at the local station... Meanwhile my Bro In-Law is out of work and suffering from injuries as is the passenger, now; had he been wearing a Helmet I am very sure all he would have received would have been some bruising... :unsure:
    Good news is the owner of the Car (Father of said young Filipino guy driving) wishes to sit down and discuss the incident, so hopefully he will pay for some of the required medical treatment and time off of work... At least some still uphold honour... :wink:

By not following basic common sense and wearing protective gear, one has to expect a high mortality rate will continue, more stupid is dumb dumb for not taking precautions imho... :rolleyes:

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. Gabrielle_K

Gabrielle_K DI Forum Adept Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +198 / 39
    I spend 12hrs in SUMC ER about a month ago waiting for a private room... You'd think there'd have been a line of motorcycle accident related patients on their way in-but I didn't see a one. Maybe they go to NOPH.

6. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    Luckily that is not an issue for my family. If it turns out that I have some genetic disease then I suppose evolution should give me a high five for deciding not to have any kids. :tongue:

That is what I meant. Stupidity/low IQ seems to be an issue that we haven't been able to resolve with medicine/technology.

7. Notmyrealname

Notmyrealname DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +5,588 / 2,888
    We will with Artificial Intelligence and Robots .... but eventually they will take over as ALL humans will be stupid relative to them!

8. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    That's debatable. AI is an interesting topic...but off-topic for this thread.

9. Brian Oinks

Brian Oinks That's Mr. Pig to you Boy! :) Highly Rated Poster

Negros Oriental - Near to Zamboanguita ;)
    Ratings:
    +1,535 / 727
    Blood Type:
    A+
    And the web spreads even further... :thumbsup:

LTO-Bayawan to strictly enforce Laws

The Land Transportation District Office in Bayawan City, Negros Oriental will be strictly enforcing the laws against modified accessories following observations that many motor vehicle owners continue to ignore previous warnings.

LTO-Bayawan District Office chief Alberta Janine Flores Lawas said yesterday that motor vehicles found with modified accessories will be impounded immediately.

This is in accordance with a memorandum issued earlier by the LTO Central Office that called the attention of LTO regional and district offices following observations of alterations, modifications and other physical changes to the body of a motor vehicle, Lawas said.

That is why upon application for new or renewal of registration, her office will conduct an inspection of the unit and ensure that nothing has been modified so that the owner will not avoid being penalized afterwards, she explained.

Owners whose units are found to have changes in the body of their motor vehicle are also advised to restore the unit to its original form before they can apply for registration or renewal, she said.

Lawas, however, lamented that after the registration process is done, some motor vehicle owners then proceed to remove, modify or do some changes to their unit.

One common violation is the use of modified mufflers, she said.

Even the absence of one side mirror is already a violation, and will cost the unit owner a stiffer fine under Joint Administrative Order (JAO) 2014-01, Lawas explained.

During roadside operations, motor vehicles are thoroughly inspected and those found with violations will be immediately impounded, Lawas warned.

“That is our mandate and that is the law. We are just implementing it”, Lawas said.

The JAO 2014-01 of the LTO and the Land Transportation Franchising and Regulatory Board has increased the fines and penalties of traffic violations as opposed to what is stipulated in Republic Act 4136 or the Land Transportation and Traffic Code.

Lawas said that deputized police personnel in her area of coverage are directed to issue Temporary Operators' Permit to violators, based on the JAO 2014-01.

The LTO-Bayawan District Office's area of coverage includes Siaton, Sta. Catalina, Bayawan City and Basay in northern Negros Oriental.*JFP

DAILY STAR: Negros Oriental

10. OP
    OP
    DavyL200

DavyL200 DI Forum Luminary ★ Global Mod ★ ★ Moderator ★ Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +5,126 / 466
    Good on them,its also started here from what ive seen on a couple local news reports. Sooner the better.

• Agree Agree x 2