Dumaguete Info Search

Send old laptop from Europe

Discussion in 'Expat Section' started by NowandThen, Apr 9, 2023.

1. MikeP64

MikeP64 DI Forum Adept Veteran Marines

Ratings:
    +247 / 138
    We have added laptops to BB boxes without issue. Laptop wasn't the sole reason for the boxes so the cost of shipping is mixed in with the entirety of the BB boxes.

When we travel to Dumaguete we each carry-on a laptop and a tablet. I don't use a tablet so it is a gift. Asawa doesn't use a laptop, also a gift. One time I carried two laptops. When Immigration at CEBU airport asked why two, they accepted one was personal and the other was work. I probably won't try two again, just in case.

2. Dr. Shiva

Dr. Shiva DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +480 / 165
    Blood Type:
    O-
    BB-Boxes to the Visayas are becoming very expensive from Switzerland and to make it worse there was stuff being stolen from the boxes on the last 3 deliveries. Since then we do no more use BB-Boxes.

On the current travel we took 3 used laptops with us for gifting to relatives.

3. chi town

chi town DI Member Showcase Reviewer Air Force Active Duty

Ratings:
    +47 / 1
    What was the name of the shipping company that you used?

4. Dr. Shiva

Dr. Shiva DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +480 / 165
    Blood Type:
    O-
    Philair Logistics. And the affected boxes were all sent to Ormoc. All the thefts happened in Tacloban. Why can they not send the boxes to Cebu and then to Ormoc? We got proof that all boxes were still intact after leaving Manila.

Another box sent to Negros was complete but most of the content was damaged or destroyed. It looked like the box was dropped from higher heights like from a lorry to the bottom.

Even we had send Philair proof with videos about the boxes they still not wanted to pay for the stolen stuff. Therefore we ceased to send stuff anymore.
    A box costs now around CHF 170 to 180. Better now to send money instead of stuff.

Last edited: Jul 4, 2023
  5. Dwight

Dwight DI New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I have sent a package to the Philippines and it has not arrived to the destination. Be sure to get tracking information on anything you send there. Only my advice, I did not pay the 100 dollars to track 75 dollar package.

6. Dwight

Dwight DI New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    can we talk, I am Canadian and will leave for the Philippines around the end of the month.

7. Crystalhead

Crystalhead ADMIN Admin ★ Forum Moderator ★ ★ Global Mod ★ ★ Moderator ★ ★★ Forum Sponsor ★★ ★ No Ads ★ Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Army

retired
    Ratings:
    +1,991 / 1,090
    Welcome aboard the Forum. I am Canadian also, been here 3 Visits, currently here for last 4 and a half years. No intention to ever go back to the West.

8. Dwight

Dwight DI New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hi Crystalhead, it is a pleasure to meet you. I reside in Ontario. Thank you for welcoming me to forum, I am sure I will gain a lot of information here. What part of the Philippines do you reside. It is good to hear you like living in the Philippines.

Last edited: Jul 5, 2023
  9. Dwight

Dwight DI New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Did you apply for the srrv or doing visa extension. I also read somewhere that I must have a return ticket when I arrive.

10. Crystalhead

Crystalhead ADMIN Admin ★ Forum Moderator ★ ★ Global Mod ★ ★ Moderator ★ ★★ Forum Sponsor ★★ ★ No Ads ★ Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Army

retired
    Ratings:
    +1,991 / 1,090
    Private Message sent / check you Inbox