Dumaguete Info Search

Shipping car from Manila to Dumaguete

Discussion in 'Dumaguete City' started by reedee, Apr 19, 2010.

1. john reynolds

john reynolds DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +4 / 0
    I'm just curious, but what exactly is the land route that You would take to get to Dumaguete? I noticed that Wheeljack said the Luzon route would be masbate-leyte-cebu-negros. That just doesn't sound right to Me, but I could be wrong. If had I the time I would take the land route, only because I have never seen the sights along the way, but I do understand the importance of travelling with someone Who requires oxygen..

2. OP
    OP
    reedee

reedee DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    shipping car

Thanks for all the ideas, but for us the simplest thing to do is to ship it. I was just curious if the quotes we were receiving were in the ballpark...seems they were.

3. OP
    OP
    reedee

reedee DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    land route to Dumaguete

From what I am being told by my Filipino husband, a total land route from Manila to Dumaguete is just not possible at all. He told me that years ago they talked of putting bridges in to connect the islands to make it possible, but they have never done it. Too bad, because I would like to try it, too!!

4. john reynolds

Ratings:
    +4 / 0
    As We all know, a land route would be impossible without the use of Ferry Boats along the way. I'm still curious though as to what the correct routing would be. I may try it in the near future, that is of course if I've got the time on My hands..Cheers...

5. bikerdave

bikerdave DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 1
    Hi john from Manila as I posted before MNL-Batangas ferry to calapan mindoro drive to roxas ferry to caticlan drive to Iloilo ferry to Bacolod then drive to DGTE

6. princetonc

princetonc DI Junior Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    I will bring my Pajero too to Dumaguete this May. But never got a chance to check on prices yet.

@ Redee - contact Sulpicio Lines. The have direct route Manila to Dumaguete by Sea. You can drive your car to Manila Port and pick up in Dumaguete. Or I think, they need 1 passenger to ride the ship together with your car.

PS: don't fill up things inside your car. they will charge you separately.

For Row-row, you can also drive from Manila to Cebu then barge to Sibulan. But don't know exact route :smile:

7. OP
    OP
    reedee

reedee DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Sulpico

Sulpico is the ship that one of the forwarders uses, and they did tell us we would have to ride the ship to retrieve our car when it arrives. We have been, told, though, it is okay to fill our car with clothing, etc...(less stuff the forwarders will pack for us, less charge) and we won't be charged, it will be as if we packed it ourselves....will inquire more about this, though, thanks for the heads-up!

8. john reynolds

Ratings:
    +4 / 0
    Thanks Dave. I had to read it a few times, but I finally figured it out and it now makes sense to Me. Your routing would even give Me a chance to see Boracay {even though a little too touristy for Me}, but after reading some of the reviews about Moreno's cottages on Boracay it may be a worthwhile stopover. Thanks again for the info....

9. Survivor Adik

Survivor Adik DI Member

Ratings:
    +10 / 0
    Manila to Batangas Port: Land
    Batangas Port to Calapan Port: Roll-on Roll-off Ferry
    Calapan Port to Roxas Port: Land
    Roxas Port to Caticlan Port: Roll-on Roll-off Ferry
    Caticlan to Iloilo: Land
    Iloilo to Bacolod: RoRo
    Bacolod to Dumaguete: Land

Travel time is around a day and half.

• Like Like x 1
  10. john reynolds

Ratings:
    +4 / 0
    Thanks, Now that it's been put into "Laymen's Terms", it's no longer "Greek to Me"......Cheers Oh, one more thing, RoRo= Roll On Roll Off.......Now I got it.........