Dumaguete Info Search

Shipping car from Manila to Dumaguete

Discussion in 'Dumaguete City' started by reedee, Apr 19, 2010.

1. GNite

GNite DI New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / -0
    Its called the Strong Republic Nautical Highway (SRNH) and I've driven it from Manila to Dumaguete.

The SRNH segment between Manila and Iloilo runs by road to Batangas City, by ferry to Calapan, by road to Roxas, Oriental Mindoro, by ferry to Caticlan (gateway to Boracay, located in Malay, Aklan) and onwards by road to Iloilo City. From Iloilo to Bacolod by roro, then choice of a couple of ways from Bacolod to Dumaguete.

The only problem I had was I made the trip right after a hurricane, and roads in Iloilo were flooded. Other than that, a nice relaxing drive. We took our time and drove it in 4 days, but could have done it in half that if we wanted to push it. We stopped over for a day in Boracay on the way.

It's been some time, but I seem to remember ferry fees ranged from about p1500 to p2500 each depending on length of trip. Very reasonable, no problem finding decent accomodations each night.

2. GNite

GNite DI New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / -0
    Just a quick update on fees: Here's a website listing roro fees: Nautical Highway Routes MUCH cheaper than I remembered...

3. OP
    OP
    reedee

reedee DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +1 / -0
    We have finally accepted a quote from a freight forwarding company for our household belongings and our car. It will cost 62,000 php for them to pack and ship all of our belongings and our car from Manila to Dumaguete, this is exclusive of the 1.5% valuation tax which we are currently working on. The name of the company is Pronto Express Distribution, Inc. So far, they seem very professional and knowledgeable. After the move, I will post a review of this company so that others, who might be looking for forwarders, will know of our experience with them. They have requested that we come to their warehouse today and see how they operate....seems like a good idea and a nice offer. Oh yeah, we decided not to put our car in the container, it was very costly and my husband said if we had a Lamborgini, maybe we would, but it will just be driven on, covered in vaseline or something to protect it from the elements and washed and driven off when it arrives in Dumaguete.

4. kewl:)

kewl:) DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +0 / -0
    Gnite,
    thank you for the info. I am planning to buy a car in manila hopefully by the end of the year and bring it to dumaguete. May i ask how much was your expenses and how many people are with?

Redee,
    i cant say its expensive or cheap because i have no experience. How about other companies like wg&a?

5. OP
    OP
    reedee

reedee DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +1 / -0
    forwarding expenses

Gnite,
    Are you just wanting info on the car? We had one quote for our entire household and car that was in excess of 100,000 php and this was the company that accepted our offer of 62,000, and, after visiting the plant and meeting the owner I think we made a wise choice. VERY professional, this company has been in business for a very long time. All I can say right now is what I have seen thus far, but I will let you know after the move (next week!!) There are 3 of us and we live in a 3 story townhouse right now, but we really don't have much stuff as we knew we would be moving so haven't bought alot of extras. Anyway Pronto Express is on the web, you can visit their website (not sure if this will work): prontoexpress.com
    Good Luck!
    Marie

6. princetonc

princetonc DI Junior Member

Ratings:
    +1 / -0
    Redee, whats the size of the container that you'll be using? 10feet or 20feet? do you have the number of Pronto? I want to ask for a quote. thanks in advance.!

7. OP
    OP
    reedee

reedee DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +1 / -0
    container

Hi, we don't have much, so we are using a 10 foot container. Pronto's number is: (Florita Deomampo, the owner) 63 915 440 4647. Good Luck!!

8. bikerdave

bikerdave DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +6 / -0
    I did the route in March the prices on the website are way way off as I remember the roxas-caticlan leg (the longest) was roughly 4k for a pickup with 2 pax of course the driver is included I think the passenger fee alone was 3-400: HTH

9. GNite

GNite DI New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / -0
    Kewl, I had 3 others with me but this was a couple of years back. I really don't remember costs except my impression that it was all pretty reasonable. We stayed in local hotels with aircon each night and I don't remember any room being more than P1000, except our night in Borocay.

10. NewKidInTown

NewKidInTown DI Member

Ratings:
    +0 / -0
    Insurrance ?

How about the insurrance if the ferry and all your belongings including your car will get lost ?